RPublished during the week just ended in The Sanatoga Post:
- Grange Marks 135th Anniversary
Sanatoga’s advocate for rural life is only 2 years younger than its national parent.
- Dear Deer Prove Hazardous
Driving in Pennsylvania, the odds are higher that you’ll hit a deer or the deer will hit you.
- Catalog Choice Lightens The Load
A free service, only 11 months old, helps Sanatogans reduce direct-mail catalog clutter.
- Make Today A Preferred Day
Enjoy locally grown foods, and boost the economy too.
- Boulevard Name Remains The Same
A request to rename Armand Hammer Boulevard is denied.
- Six Letters. Starts With ‘B.’ Ends With ‘Tax’
‘Tis the time to talk about budgets in Lower Pottsgrove (PA) Township and the Pottsgrove School District.
- Open Space Grant Accepted
For Lower Pottsgrove Township to buy land near Ringing Rocks Park.
- Hoagies On The Menu
Peppers or not – your choice – to support the Pottsgrove (PA) School District PTO.
- Locally, Bailout Fear And Investment Worry
Sanatoga’s congressman and Pottsgrove’s school board talk about what the rest of us are thinking.
- Initiative Builds The Business Buzz
The Chamber of Commerce tries to boost area business with an event at Sunnybrook Ballroom.
- A Different ‘Rocks,’ But Only As A Concept
Pottsgrove School District’s Ringing Rocks Elementary is old and needs repair. It could benefit from added space, too. Last night, a Lancaster architect answered the question, “What if …?”
Also in the district:
- Rite Aid Launches Caregiver Program
Its stores, including the Sanatoga location, offer help to those who care for aging parents or relatives.
- Foreclosure Help Too Late For Three
Homes in Lower Pottsgrove (PA) Township head to sheriff’s sale as Congress agrees on foreclosure rescues for “ordinary Americans.”
- Loaner Safety Seats Available
Borrow them from the state to keep children safe in cars.
- Pottsgrove School Board Policy Meetings
Scheduled through May 2009.
- Train Service On Front Burner Once More
Trimmed-down train service between Philadelphia and Reading PA, cutting across Sanatoga, has been resurrected in a Berks County discussion.
- Investigators Probe Friday Fire
Officials attempt to determine the cause of a blaze at which Sanatoga firefighters and many others provided assistance.
- Cooking Up Something Good
Barbecue chicken was on the menu Saturday in Sanatoga.
- Post Week In Review
For Sept. 13-20, 2008.