Published during the week just ended in The Sanatoga Post:
Saturday, Dec. 27
- Winter’s April Fool’s Joke
Temperatures today and Sunday will be unseasonably warm. Don’t expect it to last, AAA warns; snowy driving will return. It offers some tips.
- Troops Say Hello To Their Hometowns
For the 5th consecutive year, Comcast make video greetings from local service men and women available on cable and on the web.
- MontCo OKs $481M Budget; Tax Rate Unchanged
For Lower Pottsgrove property owners and others in Montgomery County, county tax rates remain unchanged for 2009.
- Topics of Local Interest Make Top 10 Legal Issues List
Sanatogans and others searched this year for information to better known the law, and get out of legal jams they faced.
- Free WiFi (No. 11 In A Series)
Yet another local location where you can get online at no cost.
Friday, Dec. 26
- Auditor Criticizes State Program With Local Benefit
PA’s “Classrooms for the Future” program, which helped the Pottsgrove School District, needs better supervision, an auditor says.
Thursday, Dec. 25
Wednesday, Dec. 24
- Recycling Proposal Buried, For Now
A declining economy has caused Lower Pottsgrove to shelve its plans for a regional landscaping waste recycling center.
- Groceries At The Last Minute
Forgot something you need for the Christmas feast? Hurry! Local store hours are limited.
- Stuff To Do This Weekend
Because of the Christmas holiday, published a day earlier than usual.
- Playing With Holiday Cheer
Pottsgrove High School students sang, danced and played their instruments during Monday night’s delayed holiday concert.
- See a ‘Post’ gallery of 64 photos.
- Hear MP3 audio files of band and choir performances.
- Get a copy of the concert program
Tuesday, Dec. 23
- Facebook Generation Builds Its Skills
Playing and communicating online may actually be good for kids, a researcher says. Certainly, there’s a lot of interest among Pottsgrove students.
- Economy Could Affect Your Diet
Even on restricted budgets in harder economic times, Sanatogans and others are geared toward wiser food choices in 2009.
Monday, Dec. 22
- What They Sold For
To satisfy an insatiable curiosity about other peoples’ finances, the weekly report on top-selling homes in Lower Pottsgrove Township.
- A Cold Day For Basketball
The courts in Pottstown were frozen, they said, so to stretch their legs and overcome boredom six teens from the borough played three-on-three Sunday at Pottsgrove High School. A ‘Post’ video.
- Two Holiday Concerts Tonight
… at Pottsgrove High School, and in Boyertown, where the Pottsgrove Community Band will play.
- Skate On The Ice At The Hill
Two sessions are open daily through Dec. 31.
- First-Day-Of-Winter Surprise
A continuous rain froze as it hit the surface Sunday morning in Lower Pottsgrove, creating hazardous road conditions. A ‘Post’ video.
Sunday, Dec. 21
- ‘The Post’ Week In Review
For Dec. 14-20, 2008