SANATOGA PA – During its second quarter of online distribution, The Sanatoga Post website was visited 10,264 times, a figure 76 percent higher than its previous-quarter statistics, Managing Editor Joe Zlomek reported Friday (March 6, 2009).
Compiled data for The Post, an interactive news resource that covers Lower Pottsgrove (PA) Township and Sanatoga PA, also show that its readers viewed 12,317 pages among more than 350 articles published during the period.
The figures – those of visits, and of pages viewed – are among any website’s most important measurements. “We are amazed and humbled by our readers’ acceptance of The Post, and we thank them for helping us to grow so strongly, so quickly,” Zlomek said.
During its second 90 days, The Post averaged 130 visits and 156 page views daily. Post readership grew at an average of 12 percent each week, its statistics show.
‘The Post’ began free publication on Aug. 25, 2008, at www.sanatoga.org and sanatoga.wordpress.com. Quarterly statistics reported reflect readership for only the period of Dec. 1, 2008, to Feb. 28, 2009; are compiled from several independent sources, and have not been audited.
The Sanatoga Post is published by Career Education Media Ventures of Sanatoga PA.
Other second-quarter milestones:
- Subscriptions. On Dec. 6 (2008), The Post began delivering a daily headline summary – Monday through Saturday by 8 a.m. – to some readers free via e-mail. The headlines are linked directly to stories they describe, and the subscriptions are hosted by Constant Contact, the nation’s largest provider of spam-free e-mail services. The no-cost subscriptions were expanded Jan. 27 (2009) to all interested readers. By the end of the quarter, Constant Contact said it had delivered 1,125 e-mails at subscribers’ requests.
- Reader polls. On Dec. 10 (2008), The Post introduced a new feature called The Post Poll. It is a fast and fun way to gauge reader opinions on specific topics. Software for the poll is hosted by an online application service, PollDaddy, based in County Sligo, Ireland.
- AP Images membership. The Post on Dec. 18 (2008) became a member of AP Images, giving it access to the photography and graphics archives of The Associated Press.
- Hello, Limerick! The Limerick Post, a companion publication to The Sanatoga Post that focuses on news for Limerick (PA) Township, made its website test version debut Jan. 5 (2009) at limerickpa.wordpress.com. Its testing cycle is expected to continue for several months.
- Ring the bell. The Post published its 500th news story Jan. 24 (2009).
- Geek speak, Part 1. The Post’s “Technorati Authority,” a measure by the website Technorati of its influence among specific reader groups, grew during the quarter from 2 to 12. Its “Google Authority,” a similar measure by the Google search engine, grew from 26 to 49. Its “BNN Authority,” a similar measure by Pennsylvania BlogNetNews, grew from 0 to 30.5. In fact, in its first week as a BNN member, The Post ranked 12th among the Top 20 most influential of BNN’s more than 90 Pennsylvania affiliates.
- Geek speak, Part 2. The Post’s “Alexa Traffic Rank,” a measure by the website Alexa of its cumulative global reach, by the quarter’s end was 3,499,446, an improvement of 130,339 or 20 percent over the previous quarter.