SANATOGA PA – A public hearing regarding the conditional use of property at 1800 E. High St. for an office condominium complex proposed by Specht Investors LLC will be conducted tonight (Thursday, March 19, 2009) by the Lower Pottsgrove (PA) Township Board of Commissioners at 6:45 in the municipal building, 2199 Buchert Rd. The hearing precedes the board’s regular bi-weekly meeting at 7 p.m.
The Specht proposal, which last year was introduced to – and, at the time, greeted warmly by – commissioners, was endorsed earlier this week by the township Planning Commission. It recommended the project with several suggested changes to township commissioners, who must decide if the project is suitable for the property. The developer is expected to return for further planning board reviews as its plans are finalized.
Specht Investors plans to build two Colonial-style office buildings to join another office building already on the site. The four-acre property at the corner of East High and South Sunnybrook Road is located in a Limited Commercial Office District, and within a floodplain. The largest new building would consist of 19,846 square feet; the second, smaller building would contain 13,280 square feet.
The project also had been scheduled Tuesday (March 17, 2009) as the subject of a township Zoning Hearing Board hearing for required variances. The hearing request was withdrawn so the developer could take more time to work on planning board suggestions. The zoning hearing will be re-scheduled, probably during April. Construction, which is not anticipated for several months, cannot begin without zoning approval.
Also Thursday, during their regular meeting, commissioners are scheduled to consider:
- Adoption of a policy regarding the disposition of municipal records;
- Final approval of plans to build medical offices upon vacant land on Armand Hammer Boulevard in front of The Home Depot store and north of Aldi’s supermarket; and
- A personnel matter in executive session following completion of other agenda items.
A copy of the board’s meeting agenda is available from the township website.
- Planners OK Specht Office Proposal
- Office Complex On Planning Agenda
- Trifecta Possible For Office Development
- Awaiting Agenda In Lower Pottsgrove
- Slope Issues Cause Specht Delay
- 2 Hearings Set For 2 Proposed Offices