POTTSTOWN PA – A public hearing on the $17.84 million proposed cost to renovate and re-build Ringing Rocks Elementary School will be held by the Pottsgrove School District tonight (Thursday, Dec. 3, 2009) at 7:30 p.m. in the gymnasium of the school, 1401 Kauffman Rd., Pottstown PA.
- This event has been added to The Post calendar.
The district Board of School Directors will conduct what is known as an “Act 34 hearing,” named for 1973 legislation that amended the Pennsylvania School Code. The hearing is necessary for the district to apply for the state’s partial reimbursement of project expenses.
Directors were cautioned by their solicitor Tuesday (Dec. 1, 2009), during their first meeting of the month, that this is to be a “legislative” event in which they welcome and accept feedback from the public, and answer questions, but offer few if any other comments.
Spoken and written testimony, for or against the project, will be accepted during the hearing, and additional written testimony can be submitted at the district office, 1301 Kauffman Rd., Pottstown PA, through Jan. 4 (2010). As if to underscore the hearing’s legal aspect, a stenographer has been hired to create a transcript of testimony to be offered.
A 28-page booklet describing “physical, administrative, budgetary and fiscal matters relating to the project” can be downloaded from the district website.
The cost being presented to the public and submitted to the state represents a “not-to-exceed” number; that is, the board pledges it won’t spend more than that amount unless it holds another hearing and obtains new authorization.
Related (to Ringing Rocks Elementary School renovations):
- Planners OK Ringing Rocks Land Sketch
- District Sets Dec. 3 Hearing On Rocks Budget
- Pottsgrove Asks State Help To Pay For Ringing Re-Build
- As School Opens, Progress On Ringing Rocks’ Project
- Surprise Enrollment Spurs Demographic Interest
- District Assembles Ringing Rocks Planning Team
- District OKs Architect Negotiations
- Consensus On Ringing Renovations: $16M
- Ringing Rocks Proposals Aired Tuesday
- Ringing Rocks Re-Examined April 14
- Pottsgrove To Trust-But-Verify On Ringing Plans
- Ringing Rocks Plans Take Another Step
- No Shortage Of Ideas At Pottsgrove Meeting
- Weigh In On Pottsgrove Renovations
- Framing The Rocks Discussion
- Response Mixed To Pottsgrove Improvements
- District Invites Public For Study Results
- A Different Rocks, But Only As A Concept
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ meeting of Dec. 1)