SANATOGA PA – If, for some strange reason, Lower Pottsgrove (PA) Township property owners needed proof that they still mattered to municipal officials, they probably already found tangible evidence in their mailboxes.
The annual combined township and Montgomery County tax bills were distributed March 1 (2011) by Treasurer Jennifer Marsteller, and are payable without penalty at her office, 1954 E. High St., Sanatoga PA, by June 30. Taxpayers who ante up before April 29 earn a 2-percent discount on the face amount. Those who pay July 1 or later face a 10-percent penalty fee.
The Board of Commissioners, which heard from Marsteller during its meeting last week (March 7), was gratified she kept the U.S. Postal Service busy. Marsteller told board members she collected only $23 in tax revenue on the township’s behalf during February.
From his perspective, Vice President Bruce Foltz joked, the bills couldn’t have gone out soon enough. By the time checks start rolling in, the township will have paid out a quarter of its budgeted expenses for the year.
For taxpayers interested in actually meeting a living person before they part with their money, Marsteller’s office hours are:
- Mondays from 4-7 p.m., except the first Monday of each month when she closes at 6:30 p.m.;
- Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon;
- from March through June on the first and third Saturdays of each month, from 10 a.m. to noon; and
- by appointment.
Marsteller’s planned for foot-draggers, stragglers and last-minute types, too. Just before the discount period expires, her office will be open April 28 from 4-8 p.m., and April 29 from 9 a.m. to noon. Similarly, just before the penalty period kicks in, Marsteller will be available June 29 from 9 a.m. to noon, and June 30 from 4-6 p.m.
Greater love hath no tax collector than one who thinks ahead in preparing to take your cash.
Related (to the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners’ March 7 meeting):
- Proof Lower Pottsgrove Loves You: Tax Bills In Mail
- Emergency Team Took What February Threw At It
- Board Orders Long-Delayed Drain Repairs … Or Else
- Commissioners Again Reject Boulevard Name Change
- To Those Who Dug Out, Lower Pottsgrove Salutes You
- Commissioners Approve Park Trail Bid Advertising
- Sprogels Run Park Project On Commissioners’ Agenda