POTTSTOWN PA — Two young girls playing near a batting cage early Wednesday evening (April 20, 2011) during a baseball game at Pottsgrove High School on Kauffman Road, Pottstown PA, received a strong electric shock when they made contact with the cage, which had become energized by nearby live wires, officials confirmed to The (Pottstown PA) Mercury newspaper.
Police did not name the girls, who were identified respectively as 7- and 8-year-old Lower Pottsgrove (PA) Township residents. Both were taken by ambulance to local hospitals, but township Police Lt. Michael Foltz reported they did not seem to have suffered serious injuries.
- Read a story by reporter Brandie Kessler, titled “Two girls electrically shocked near Pottsgrove batting cage” and published Thursday (April 21) in The Mercury, here.
- Read a story published Wednesday (April 20) by WFMZ-TV, Channel 69 in Allentown PA, titled “Police: 2 Girls Jolted By Electricity On Field, Rushed To Hospital,” and watch an accompanying video, here.