POTTSTOWN PA – Four different, half-hour sessions intended to help parents of Pottsgrove Middle School students guide their child’s education are among the featured activities being conducted Nov. 17 (2011; Thursday) as part of an open house during American Education Week observances at the school, North Hanover Street, Pottstown PA.
- This event has been added to The Post calendar.
The open house, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., gives Middle School parents a chance to see their children and teachers interact in regular classes, tour the building, and even share lunch with their students. The school’s guidance counselors and other faculty members also will provide sessions on:
- The Young Adolescent, with tips and resources for supporting a strong relationship with middle school children;
- PTO Update, with news on activities and opportunities available with the school’s Parent-Teacher Organization;
- Study Island, the web-based resource intended to boost student achievement in math and reading. Every Middle School is registered with an account; and
- Middle school academic goals, in which school principal and assistant principal, Dr. Bill Ziegler and Dr. Dave Ramage discuss the school’s educational objectives this year.
Parents and guests are asked to register in advance, by next Friday (Nov. 11) for the event.
Ziegler also noted that parent-teacher conferences, coinciding with the end of the current marking period and the release of report cards, will be held Nov. 21 and 22 from noon to 8 p.m. at the school. No classes will be held during the week, which also is the Thanksgiving holiday.