POTTSTOWN PA – Proud Ringing Rocks Elementary School Principal Michelle Bozzini (above at right) and other members of the Pottsgrove School District administration and school board smiled and greeted visitors Tuesday night (Dec. 13, 2011) as the newly renovated and expanded school’s doors were officially opened for public viewing and self-guided tours.
The event marked a milestone in the history of the 1401 Kauffman Rd., Pottstown PA, building where thousands of students have been educated over several decades. The $16 million renovation project included classroom additions, expansion of project areas for art and other curriculum, a new media center and library, and technological innovations like a geothermal heating and cooling system.
Parents and their children seemed most delighted by the media center (above), the central feature of which is a grouping of plush, green-upholstered chairs intended to invite young readers to sit and be engrossed in their books. Special lighting fixtures in the library (right) not only focus light down to specific spots, but also up and out with the use of reflecting plates.
Adjacent to the media center is the school computer lab (below), filled from wall to wall with Apple devices ready for learners. In it, and in each classroom too, projectors hanging from the ceiling display the contents of the computers’ screens for all to see.
In the new classrooms, kids tried out desks and seats (above), envisioned themselves as teachers (left), and generally claimed the space as their own. Some district residents, both inside the rooms and down the hall during a reception at the cafeteria, took the opportunity to talk among themselves about potential changes in class make-ups as Pottsgrove considers its options in redistricting to better use available space at all three of its elementary schools.
The auditorium stage became a platform for friendship among students accompanying their families (above) and the renovated gymnasium (below) was the place where another group worked off their energy and excitement.
- Watch a video (above) of activity at the open house, or see it at The Post’s YouTube channel, here.
- See a Post gallery of 15 photos from the open house, below. Click on any thumbnail image to enlarge it.
Related (to Ringing Rocks Elementary School renovations):
- Pottsgrove Shows Off Its Newest Jewel, Ringing Rocks
- Pottsgrove Opens Ringing Rocks Tonight For Tours
- Pottsgrove Plans Open House At New Ringing Rocks
- Color Him White With Anger Over Pottsgrove Vandalism
- Hear That? It’s The Ticking Deadline Clock At Ringing
- Ringing Rocks Delivery Could Be On Santa’s Wishlist
- Pottsgrove Board Tours, And Likes, Progress At Ringing
- No Power For Ringing Library Computers ‘An Omission’
- Blasting A Possibility, But Not Yet, At Ringing Rocks
- Few Change Orders, So Far, At Ringing Rocks
- Rigs Arrive At Ringing Site To Drill Deep For Geo-Heat
- Exterior Demolition To Begin At Ringing Rocks
- Digging’s Done, Now Real Work Starts At Ringing
- Ringing Rocks Ground-Breaking Set For Thursday
- After Month’s Work, Pius Deemed Set For Ringing Pupils
- Ringing Rocks Bids Accepted, At $1.5 Million Less
- Final Words On Ringing Rocks: Okey-Dokey
- Ringing Rocks Gets Final Plan OK
- Borrowing Authorized For Ringing Rocks Project
- Pottsgrove Signs Pius Lease For Ringing Students
- Pottsgrove Authorizes Pius Lease For Ringing Relocation
- Call Goes Out For Ringing Rocks Construction Bids
- Board OKs Ringing Rocks’ Preliminary Plans
- School Vestibule Design OK; No Decision On Rocks’ Relocation
- Ringing Rocks Plan Approval Held Until May
- Ringing Relocation Decision Deferred Again
- Township Legal Move Saves District Time, Money
- Economic Tales, Exec Sessions, And Long Night At Pottsgrove
- Geothermal Now ‘Locked’ Into Ringing Re-Build
- How Estimated Costs For Ringing Shape Up
- Less Is More In School Project, Planners Learn
- Bids Sought For Ringing Project Asbestos Removal
- Ringing Relocation Decision Possible In Two Weeks
- Restaurant, Ringing Projects Win Conditional Uses
- Ringing Rocks, Restaurant Hearing Topics Tonight
- Pottsgrove Student Enrollment: Up? Yes. Down? Yes Again
- Green Discussion At Ringing Results In Red Faces
- Pottsgrove, Archdiocese Still Discussing Pius Lease
- Ringing Rocks Relocation Discussion Set For Tonight
- In The Ringing Rebuild, Whither Pius?
- Ringing Rocks Relocation Plan: Modulars At MS
- Ringing Rocks Construction Cost Hearing Tonight
- Planners OK Ringing Rocks Land Sketch
- District Sets Dec. 3 Hearing On Rocks Budget
- Pottsgrove Asks State Help To Pay For Ringing Re-Build
- As School Opens, Progress On Ringing Rocks’ Project
- Surprise Enrollment Spurs Demographic Interest
- District Assembles Ringing Rocks Planning Team
- District OKs Architect Negotiations
- Consensus On Ringing Renovations: $16M
- Ringing Rocks Proposals Aired Tuesday
- Ringing Rocks Re-Examined April 14
- Pottsgrove To Trust-But-Verify On Ringing Plans
- Ringing Rocks Plans Take Another Step
- No Shortage Of Ideas At Pottsgrove Meeting
- Weigh In On Pottsgrove Renovations
- Framing The Rocks Discussion
- Response Mixed To Pottsgrove Improvements
- District Invites Public For Study Results
- A Different Rocks, But Only As A Concept