POTTSTOWN PA – The last of the first three “community connection” meetings, scheduled by the Pottsgrove School District to answer parents’ questions and get their suggestions on easing the transition next year to grade-level education centers, will be held tonight (Thursday, March 29, 2012) at 6:30 p.m. in West Pottsgrove Elementary School, Grosstown Road, Stowe PA.
The meeting, in the cafeteria, is free and open to the public.
Parents and visitors have been encouraged to attend meetings at the school of their choice without restriction. Earlier meetings were held at Ringing Rocks and Lower Pottsgrove elementaries; all are sponsored by the three schools’ Parent-Teacher Organizations, whose leaders volunteered for the task.
- The district late last week posted a sheet with frequently-asked questions and their answers regarding the centers and redistricting. Find it here.
- A sheet explaining the purpose of the meetings can be found here.
Future meetings, according to the district transition calendar, are planned for April 18 at West, April 19 at Ringing, and April 25 at Lower. Open house events to introduce the school buildings to incoming students are scheduled for April 20 at Lower, and April 26 at West and Ringing; all three coincide with the schools’ annual student art shows.
Related (to Pottsgrove School District redistricting):
- Last Of Pottsgrove’s Initial ‘Connection’ Meetings Tonight
- Pottsgrove’s First Transition Meeting Tonight at Ringing
- Decisions Loom Friday For ‘Grove Redistricted Teachers
- ‘Grove Plans ‘Connection Meetings’ To Map Transition
- Relief, As Pottsgrove Chooses Preferred Redistrict Line
- Pottsgrove Future May Hinge On Tests That Start Today
- PTO Opens Friday Fun Night To ‘Redistricted’ Newcomers
- Police Presence At ‘Grove Labeled A ‘Misunderstanding’
- Pottsgrove Board OKs Ed Centers, Full-Day Kindergarten
- On Facebook, Via Cells, First The News Then A Firestorm
- Attention-Getter: Philly TV Crew Spends Its Day In ‘Grove
- Get A Seat Early For Tonight’s Pottsgrove Board Meeting
- Bright Yellow Signs Flag Pottsgrove Centers’ Opposition
- The Case Against Centers in the Pottsgrove School District
- Pottsgrove Ed Centers’ Opponents Launch Petition Drive
- Pottsgrove Principals Distribute Redistrict Info Letters
- Debate Aside, Pottsgrove K-Classes Sign-Up Starts
- Pottsgrove’s Case For Education Centers, Take Two
- Pottsgrove Says It Will Work To Improve Public Notice
- Pottsgrove Centers’ Talks Subdued; Decision Delayed
- Notebook Worthy: Pottsgrove, The Master Of Brevity
- It’s Official: ‘Grove Meeting Moved To High School
- Pottsgrove’s Case For Ed Centers: A Nutshell View
- In ‘Horse Race’ Of Opinions, Pottsgrove Serves As Track
- ‘Grove Residents Want Proof Ed Centers Will Succeed
- ‘The Blues’ May Await Pottsgrove’s School Board Tonight
- Both Sides In Pottsgrove Redistricting Head To Facebook
- Pottsgrove Crowd Vocal In Opposing Educational Centers
- Advocate: Pottsgrove Centers ‘Best Access’ To Resources
- Debate Over Pottsgrove Redistricting Gets Started Tuesday
- No Matter What Plan Pottsgrove Adopts, Buses Ready
- Redistricting Info ‘Slanted,’ Pottsgrove Volunteers Charge
- Pottsgrove Redistrict Discussions Quietly Move Ahead
- In Pottsgrove, Redistricting Study Work Gets Started
- Pottsgrove Sets Dates For Redistrict Committee Work
- As Expected, Interest A’Plenty In Pottsgrove Redistricting
- Landis Calls For Pottsgrove Redistricting Volunteers
- Touchy Pottsgrove Redistricting Now Being Considered