POTTSTOWN PA – Only 10 days after the successful conclusion of the 11th annual Pottstown Area Relay for Life, its logistics chairman, Steve Wezel, returned last Tuesday (June 12, 2012) to the Pottsgrove School District Board of School Directors with a simple, single request: “Can we do it again?”
For yet another year, directors offered their simple, unanimous answer: “Yes.”
Board members happily agreed to reserve the stadium behind Pottsgrove High School on Kauffman Road for next year’s edition of the world’s fourth-largest, 24-hour fund-raising walk to benefit the American Cancer Society. The scheduled date is June 1 and 2, 2013.
- This event has been added to The Post calendar.
Wezel thanked directors for their continued support, and noted that Pottstown’s relay had so far raised more than $7.5 million to assist in cancer-fighting programs and research. Of that amount, more than $488,000 was raised this year.
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ June 12 meeting):
- Mark Your Calendars: Relay Back In Pottsgrove Next June
- Pottsgrove Now Seeks To Fill Keogh’s Vacant Seat
- In Pottsgrove Budget, Board Targets 3-Percent Tax Hike
- Pottsgrove Approves Budget-Stabilizing Teacher Contract
- Long-Time Pottsgrove Director Philip Keogh Resigns
- Pottsgrove Board Votes Tonight On Proposed Contract