POTTSTOWN PA – For some special education students that the Pottsgrove School District cannot adequately serve, and for other students already at its buildings who may temporarily need help with personal problems, the Board of School Directors has again turned to the experience of professionals.
During the past two months (May and June 2012), directors approved contracts with outside providers that total more than $101,000 to meet district obligations for special education and counseling. They include:
- The Vanguard School of Malvern PA, for services during the 2012-2013 academic year, $45,640;
- The Academy, for services next year at the rate of $123 per student per day;
- Creative Health Services Inc. of Pottstown, to serve next year as liaison for the elementary Student Assistance Program, $18,800;
- The Pathway School of Norristown PA, for extended school year services for one student through Aug. 17, $8,550;
- Valley Forge Educational Services of Malvern PA, for extended school year services for three students through Aug. 3, $21,225; and
- Wordsworth Academy of Fort Washington and Philadelphia PA, for extended school year services for one student through Aug. 17, $7,500.