POTTSTOWN PA – Pottsgrove Middle School students and their parents who are having a difficult time understanding the school schedules made available Tuesday, hold on; help is available, Principal Bill Ziegler said Wednesday (Aug. 8, 2012).
Ziegler, in two separate e-mails, made these observations about the schedules:
- If your child’s schedule is missing a class, contact Ziegler directly by e-mail, here.
- If you see a scheduled period labeled “I/E,” it represents “time for Intervention/Enrichment to increase student achievement.” Club activities, music programs, and other extracurriculars fit in this period. Specific information on enrichment activities probably won’t be finalized until the week before school.
- Musical groups such as orchestra, band, and chorus are not listed on schedules, as their times will be posted by their directors before school begins.
- All schedules should be finalized by Aug. 22, but can be subject to change before then.
- Want your child to be on a specific teaching team? Don’t ask; those requests cannot be honored.
- Parents needing assistance accessing the district’s PowerSchool portal for information on their children should send an e-mail here.
“We are excited that school is just around the corner,” Ziegler added. “Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.”