POTTSTOWN PA – An annual Pottsgrove Middle School attempt to make parents more aware of issues their children may face during grades 6-8 is literally outward bound this year, beginning this week.
Rather than plan for only one each of the middle school’s “Parenting Learning Sessions” at the North Hanover Street school building, Principal Bill Ziegler is conducting programs twice to better fit parents’ varying schedules. Some will be held at easily reached locations other than the school.
Ziegler reserved meeting space at the Giant Supermarket at Upland Square, as well as the Thriftway Supermarket in Sanatoga, for a few of the sessions. Others will be held at the school itself. Refreshments will be provided at each. Here’s the complete list of programs, which start Thursday (Oct. 18) at 11 a.m. in Giant:
- Oct. 18, 11 a.m. – Life in the Middle: Tips for Raising a Middle Schooler. Giant Supermarket, Upland Square Drive. Repeats Oct. 18 at 7 p.m.
- Nov. 19, 7 p.m. – How Will the Common Core Change My Child’s Learning? Giant Supermarket, Upland Square Drive. Repeats Nov. 20 at 2 p.m.
- Jan. 15 (2013), 10 a.m. – Assessments That Matter: An overview of standardized tests and tips for success on the PSSA, Keystone Exam, and other assessments. Thriftway Supermarket, East High Street, Sanatoga. Repeats Jan. 17 at 7 p.m.
- Feb. 4, 10 a.m. – Easy Tips For Reading Success: How to help your child find a love of reading. Giant Supermarket, Upland Square Drive. Repeats Feb. 4 at 7 p.m.
- Date, time to be determined – CyberSafety: Learn how to protect your child online. Pottsgrove Middle School, North Hanover Street.
- April 18, 7 p.m. – The Next Step: What to expect in your child’s next year of school. We will focus on grades 6, 7, 8 and 9, with sessions broken into groups by grade. Eighth-grade parents won’t want to miss the session on preparing for high school. Pottsgrove Middle School, North Hanover Street.
Photo from Google Images