POTTSTOWN PA – As controversial as it might have been among some parents, elementary redistricting last year in the Pottsgrove School District has benefited its music program, teacher Darrell Weyman told an audience Tuesday (March 12, 2013) before the start of the district Board of School Directors’ meeting.
Weyman, who conducts Pottsgrove’s Advanced Elementary Band, and Ringing Rocks Elementary School music teacher Kristen Hyde led its young members through a performance of several pieces for a large crowd of obviously proud family members and friends at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School, Buchert Road, in advance of the board meeting.
When they concluded, Weyman thanked directors for their support and reported that redistricting had helped him and other teachers both reach more students interested in music and better develop their talents. “It’s really worked out well for us,” Weyman said.
- Watch a video (above) of the Advanced Elementary Band playing Chicago’s “25 Or 6 To 4,” or see it at the YouTube channel of The Sanatoga Post, here.
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ meeting of March 12):
- For Elementary Band, Pottsgrove Changes ‘Worked Well’
- Ask For Your Say On New! Improved! ‘Grove Brand
- Where’s Money Coming From?, Pottsgrove Director Asks
- ‘Grove District Personnel Actions Affect 13 Positions
- Pottsgrove To Name Davies’ Successor Next Tuesday