POTTSTOWN PA – In a highly graphic and in some cases three-dimensional presentation Tuesday (April 23, 2013) to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors, the public got its first look at renovations proposed for Pottsgrove High School on Kauffman Road, which could be constructed during the next three years at a suggested total cost of about $28.6 million.
The show by KCBA Architects of Hatfield PA was almost two hours long and included a question-and-answer session with board members and their audience. It was not intended to be comprehensive, KCBA Principal of Project Development Michael Kelly noted, but instead reflected three months’ of the firm’s research into what was not only possible but cost-efficient in addressing building space and curriculum needs.
The board took no immediate action on the presentation. Another meeting and KCBA-led discussion, planned to answer more public questions about the renovations, is scheduled by the board for Monday (April 29) at 7:30 p.m. in the high school cafeteria.
- Editor’s Note: The Post is producing a more complete story on the renovation discussions and potential financing for the project. It is expected to be published by Thursday or earlier. Until then, what follows are photos taken of KCBA’s slide presentation, to give those who did not attend Tuesday’s meeting an admittedly limited sense of what’s under consideration.
High School Main Entrance
High School Library
High School Classrooms (First Floor)
Related (to Pottsgrove High reconstruction):
- First Looks Offered For Renovations At Pottsgrove High
- Pottsgrove Now Plans 2 Meetings On High School Project
- Tick-Tock! Contractors Met Timetable At Pottsgrove HS
- Pottsgrove High Classes Unaffected By Smoking Heater
- Search Starts For Feasibility Study Vendor At Pottsgrove
- Upgrades Could Enhance STEM Education At Pottsgrove
- Pottsgrove Seeks Study On High School Project Wish List
- Board OKs Air Repairs As Start Of Fixes At High School
- Pottsgrove Hires Mechanicsburg Architect For HS Review
- Directors OK Engineering Study For High School Systems
- With Ringing Project Done, Pottsgrove Eyes HS Repairs
- Committee: Pottsgrove High Needs Work, Not Renovation
- Response Mixed To Pottsgrove Improvements
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ April 23 meeting):