SANATOGA PA – The joint – in this case, the band shell at Sanatoga Park on South Sanatoga Road in Lower Pottsgrove Township – gets jumpin’ again Sunday (June 23, 2013).
The first musical event of the township’s 2013 Summer Concert Series, sponsored by Exelon Nuclear, is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at the park, and will feature perennial kick-off favorite the local Bill Koss Combo.
Also scheduled to appear in subsequent weeks:
- June 30 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., Makin’ Music Gilbertsville: family show geared towards families with preschool aged children;
- July 14 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., Barbone Street Jazz Band: jazz, swing, ultimate dance band;
- July 21 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., Rave On: early rock and roll; Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison;
- July 21 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., Zydeco-A-Go-Go: Creole zydeco and cajun two-steps combined with a funky New Orleans rhythm and blues;
- Aug. 4 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., The Pottsgrove Community Band: your neighbors and friends in professional performances; and
- Aug. 4 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., The Mango Men: from rock to pop to country.
In case of rain, concerts are re-scheduled for the next day at 7 p.m. The township hopes to run ever show on time but to check if they are is rescheduled, see its website or call 610-960-1314 after 5 p.m. on the Sunday of the event.
Photo from the Bill Koss Combo