POTTSTOWN PA – The last of four suspects wanted for the alleged murder of Pottsgrove High School graduate Kareem Ali Borowy is scheduled to face a preliminary hearing Aug. 16 (2013; Friday) in the Sanatoga courtroom of Magisterial District Justice Edward Kropp Sr.
Andre “Dre” Collier, 25, of Philadelphia, who the Montgomery County District Attorney’s office claims was the alleged shooter in Borowy’s May 5 death along the shoulder of Sanatoga Station Road in the southeast end of Lower Pottsgrove Township, was apprehended Monday (Aug. 5) as he attempted to flee a mobile home in rural Beaver Meadows PA, where he had been hiding.
The DA’s office reported Collier had been captured by members of the United States Marshal’s Service, the Scranton office of the Violent Crimes Fugitive Task Force, and the Pennsylvania State Police Special Emergency Response Team, apparently after receiving tipster information in the case. Authorities have been hunting for Collier for 90 days.
Three other suspects – Charles “Cheese” Freeman, 32, of West Pottsgrove; Rasheed Teel, 21, of Philadelphia; and Omar “O” Miller, 27, of Philadelphia – are already in custody for what investigators allege were their roles in the West Pottsgrove home invasion and kidnapping that ended in Borowy’s killing.
Law enforcers said they believe the four sought to rob Borowy of drugs and money.
Collier was arraigned Tuesday in Pottstown. He is charged with first-, second-, and third-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, kidnapping, robbery, false imprisonment and various weapons-related offenses, and currently sits in the county correctional facility in Eagleville.
- Fourth Suspect Captured, Charged In Township Murder
- Township Police Overtime Balloons With Borowy Probe
- Three Arrests Down, One To Go In Borowy Investigation
- Two Charged, Third Sought In Pottsgrove Borowy Murder
- Police Make First Arrest In Borowy Murder Investigation
- Funeral Services Set, Vigil Planned For ‘Grove’s Borowy
- Murder Victim Shot In The Back, Township Chief Reports
- In Pottsgrove, He Was The Friend They Called ‘Reem
- Pottsgrove Offers Crisis Counselors In Borowy Death
- Man Left To Die At The Side Of Sanatoga Station Road
Photo from the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office