POTTSTOWN PA – An executive session to discuss personnel matters, the nature of which were not disclosed, preceded last Tuesday’s (Dec. 3, 2013) meeting of the Pottsgrove School District Board of School Directors, President Justin Valentine announced. State law allows the board to exclude the public from witnessing its deliberations under specific circumstances, including those involving personnel and certain legal issues.
Later during the meeting, district personnel actions and employment matters recommended by Superintendent Shellie Feola also were unanimously accepted by the board, affecting a total of 31 individuals. They include:
- Kari Klaus, elementary teacher at Ringing Rocks, at a salary of $43,667;
- Matthew Voight, elementary emotional support teacher at West Pottsgrove, at a salary of $46,108.
Approval of Professional Substitute:
- Beth Morello, substitute teacher, at a wage of $100 daily;
- Chloe Baro, substitute teacher, at a wage of $100 daily.
Resignation of Professional Substitutes:
- Rine Strohecker, substitute teacher;
- Megan LaRosa, substitute teacher.
Approval of Mentor:
- Megan Delena, as mentor to Steven Burdan, at Pottsgrove High School.
Support Staff Appointments:
- Michael Hyde, grounds utility technician, at a wage of $16.22 hourly.
Support Assignment or Classification Changes:
- Olivia Moyer, from support staff substitute to second shift custodian at West Pottsgrove, at a wage of $15.35 hourly;
- Tim Bianchini, from second shift custodian at the high school to first shift custodian; no wage change;
- Lori Yost, from duty aide of 1-1/2 hours daily at Ringing Rocks, to duty aide of 2-1/2 hours daily, no wage change;
- Maha Sonsion, from support staff substitute to duty aide at Ringing Rocks, at a wage of $11.24 hourly.
Approval of Support Staff Substitute:
- Laura Molnar, support staff substitute, at a wage of $9.21-$10.85 hourly depending on position.
Supplemental or Special Payment:
- Andrew Clarke, Academic Challenge team coach at the high school, $595.20.
Student Teacher Assignments:
- Tyler Pfahler of Valley Forge Christian College, to be supervised by Brenda Hoch at West Pottsgrove from Jan. 15 (2014) to April 25;
- Elizabeth Whitman of Valley Forge Christian College, to be supervised by Mary Bradley at Ringing Rocks from Jan. 15-March 7;
- Stephanie Bucci of Kutztown Universty, to be supervised by Rachel Szalabofka at Ringing Rocks, from Jan. 22-March 14;
- Marissa Dixon of Kutztown Universty, to be supervised by Danielle Palmieri at Ringing Rocks, from Jan. 22-March 14;
- Brian Mannino of Kutztown Universty, to be supervised by Samantha Kuzniar at Lower Pottsgrove, from March 17-May 8;
- Lynn Diaz of Kutztown Universty, to be supervised by Gretchen Radswillias at Ringing Rocks, from March 17-May 8;
- Christina Parisi of Kutztown Universty, to be supervised by Regina Parke at Lower Pottsgrove, from March 17-May 8.
- Craig Ruoss and Matt O’Brien, grounds utility technicians, to attend PA Pesticide Applicators Short Course. The cost of the training is $500. No substitute coverage required.
- Thomas Bailey Jr., middle school head softball coach; Danette Baum, middle school softball coach; Julies Davis, high school head softball coach; and Josh Ford, high school assistant softball coach, to attend the 41st annual “Be the Best You Are” Softball Clinic. The cost of the clinic is $500. Substitute coverage is required.
- Marissa Bono, technology integration coach, to attend Engaging the Next Generation in Science. The cost of the conference is $660. No substitute coverage required.
- Ronald Linke, assistant business administrator, to attend the Child Accounting Conference. The cost of the conference is $415. No substitute coverage required.
- David Nester, business administrator, and Ronald Linke, assistant business administrator, to attend the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials annual conference. The cost of the conference is $1,478. No substitute coverage required.
Photo from Clipart.com