POTTSTOWN PA – To accommodate testimony that will be offered by Pottsgrove School District officials during a Lower Pottsgrove Zoning Hearing Board meeting tonight (Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2014), regarding reconstruction and expansion of Pottsgrove High School, the starting time of the district Board of School Directors meeting – also scheduled for tonight – has been changed.
The zoning hearing, which covers variances needed by the district to proceed with the $31 million high school project, begins at 6 p.m. in the township municipal building, 2199 Buchert Rd. It is open to the public, which also can comment on the project to the zoning board. District Superintendent Shellie Feola is among those expected to testify, according to the district solicitor.
The regularly scheduled school board meeting normally would start at 7:30 p.m. in the district office on Kauffman Road. Instead its starting time has been moved a half-hour ahead to 8 p.m., because board members believe testimony and travel time involved may make their regular start impractical.
The school board meeting also is open to the public. Its agenda is available for download from the district website, here.
Further complicating matters was a dinner planned by the district tonight to thank school board members for their volunteer work in their elected positions. January is National School Board Recognition Month.
Related (to Pottsgrove High reconstruction):
- Zoning Testimony Prompts Later School Board Start
- Board Places A Bet On Winning Grant For High School
- Pottsgrove High Renovations Face Zoning Hearing
- Asbestos Testing, Removal Planned For Pottsgrove High
- ‘Grove Wants To, But Can’t, Block School Lane Access
- Architects: High School Project Needs Zoning Variances
- ‘Grove High Renovation Not Yet Ready For Plan Review
- Pottsgrove To Explore Lighting Its Proposed Turf Field
- Pottsgrove High Reconstruction Might Keep Feet Drier
- Planners Get First Look At Pottsgrove Reconstruction
- Initial Planning OK’d For Pottsgrove High School Work
- Contractor Bids Sought For Pottsgrove Sewer Repairs
- Roofing Replacements At Pottsgrove High Aren’t Far Off
- Pottsgrove Preferences: STEM, Security, And Engineering
- Post Poll: What’s Important To YOU At Pottsgrove High?
- Behind ‘Grove Gym Support: All In A Place, A Place For All
- Blast From ‘Grove’s Past: Look What $1.2 Million Bought
- A Field Here, A Gym There. Voilà! $34.5 Million In Costs
- Monday’s Crowd Supported Pottsgrove Renovation Plan
- ‘Grove’s Smallest Renovation: What To Do With ‘Patio?’
- Pottsgrove Not Alone In Looking At STEM; College Is Too
- Monday Forum Seeks Input On Pottsgrove High Plans
- First Looks Offered For Renovations At Pottsgrove High
- Pottsgrove Now Plans 2 Meetings On High School Project
- Tick-Tock! Contractors Met Timetable At Pottsgrove HS
- Pottsgrove High Classes Unaffected By Smoking Heater
- Search Starts For Feasibility Study Vendor At Pottsgrove
- Upgrades Could Enhance STEM Education At Pottsgrove
- Pottsgrove Seeks Study On High School Project Wish List
- Board OKs Air Repairs As Start Of Fixes At High School
- Pottsgrove Hires Mechanicsburg Architect For HS Review
- Directors OK Engineering Study For High School Systems
- With Ringing Project Done, Pottsgrove Eyes HS Repairs
- Committee: Pottsgrove High Needs Work, Not Renovation
- Response Mixed To Pottsgrove Improvements