NORRISTOWN PA – Locations in Royersford, Collegeville and Harleysville have been selected by Montgomery County’s Recycling Office as centralized sites for various free events during the next seven months that will collect unwanted household hazardous wastes, electronics equipment, and paper to be securely shredded.
Sites in Limerick and Lower Pottsgrove have been on the county’s list in years past, but were eliminated this year as collection points were consolidated. The recently released recycling dates include:
- At Perkiomen Valley Middle School East, 100 Kagey Rd., Collegeville, secure paper shredding on April 12 (2014) from 9 a.m. to noon;
- At Indian Valley Middle School, 130 Maple Ave., Harleysville, household hazardous waste collection on April 26 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.;
- At Oak Ridge Elementary School, 465 Moyer Rd., Harleysville, electronics on May 3 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and
- At Spring-Ford 9th Grade Center, 400 S. Lewis Rd., Royersford, hazardous waste on Sept. 20 (2014) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and electronics on Sept. 27 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The county’s six-page list reflects a schedule of 20 different events spaced across the county that also include unused tire collection, and the sale of rain barrels and compost bins. See The Post calendar at the following links for full schedules of:
- household hazardous waste,
- electronics waste collection,
- secure paper shredding, and
- unused tire collection.
Thanks and a tip of The Post hat to Fred Remelius for bring this to our attention.