SANATOGA PA – Tuesday (May 6, 2014) is expected to be Bleim Road resident Jonathan Spadt’s last day as a member of the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners.
Spadt, who on April 7 announced he would leave the board because of work and family commitments, is scheduled to officially tender his letter of resignation tonight (Monday, May 5) to his elected colleagues. Its acceptance, effective the following day, is scheduled as an item on the commissioners’ meeting agenda.
- The meeting, which begins at 7 p.m. in the township municipal building, 2199 Buchert Rd., is free and open to the public. A copy of the agenda is available for download from the township website, here.
In addition to the Spadt resignation, board members are slated to consider a preliminary/final land development plan for the reconstruction of Pottsgrove High School, 1345 Kauffman Rd. Pottsgrove’s Board of School Directors voted April 28 to approve spending estimated at up to $33 million to renovate and expand the decades-old building over a three-year period.
That work is hoped to start in mid-June and must win commissioners final approval. Other township regulatory agencies – the Planning Commission, Sewer Authority, and Zoning Hearing Board – all have examined and given their approval of various portions of the plans presented by the district’s designers, KCBA Architects of Hatfield PA.
In a related matter, the commissioners’ agenda also includes potential approval of the township’s application to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation to relocate traffic signal on Kauffman Road that will correspond with new traffic entrances and exits for the high school once completed.
Related (to the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners’ May 5 meeting):
Related (to Pottsgrove High reconstruction):
- Spadt Resignation, High School Plans On Board Agenda
- Pottsgrove High Makeover Gets Directors’ Green Light
- Pottsgrove Asks Township For A $660,000 ‘Courtesy’
- ‘Grove Considers $108,000 High School ‘Commissioning’
- High School Speed Limit Sign’s Movement Delayed
- High School ‘Constructability,’ Energy Set For A Review
- ‘Grove Outlines Office Need As Part of HS Renovations
- Pottsgrove Looks To Hire HS Clerk Of The Works
- Pottsgrove Aggressive In Promoting, Defending HS Plan
- Pottsgrove ‘Response’ To Press Makes Financing Case
- Zoning Testimony Prompts Later School Board Start
- Board Places A Bet On Winning Grant For High School
- Pottsgrove High Renovations Face Zoning Hearing
- Asbestos Testing, Removal Planned For Pottsgrove High
- ‘Grove Wants To, But Can’t, Block School Lane Access
- Architects: High School Project Needs Zoning Variances
- ‘Grove High Renovation Not Yet Ready For Plan Review
- Pottsgrove To Explore Lighting Its Proposed Turf Field
- Pottsgrove High Reconstruction Might Keep Feet Drier
- Planners Get First Look At Pottsgrove Reconstruction
- Initial Planning OK’d For Pottsgrove High School Work
- Contractor Bids Sought For Pottsgrove Sewer Repairs
- Roofing Replacements At Pottsgrove High Aren’t Far Off
- Pottsgrove Preferences: STEM, Security, And Engineering
- Post Poll: What’s Important To YOU At Pottsgrove High?
- Behind ‘Grove Gym Support: All In A Place, A Place For All
- Blast From ‘Grove’s Past: Look What $1.2 Million Bought
- A Field Here, A Gym There. Voilà! $34.5 Million In Costs
- Monday’s Crowd Supported Pottsgrove Renovation Plan
- ‘Grove’s Smallest Renovation: What To Do With ‘Patio?’
- Pottsgrove Not Alone In Looking At STEM; College Is Too
- Monday Forum Seeks Input On Pottsgrove High Plans
- First Looks Offered For Renovations At Pottsgrove High
- Pottsgrove Now Plans 2 Meetings On High School Project
- Tick-Tock! Contractors Met Timetable At Pottsgrove HS
- Pottsgrove High Classes Unaffected By Smoking Heater
- Search Starts For Feasibility Study Vendor At Pottsgrove
- Upgrades Could Enhance STEM Education At Pottsgrove
- Pottsgrove Seeks Study On High School Project Wish List
- Board OKs Air Repairs As Start Of Fixes At High School
- Pottsgrove Hires Mechanicsburg Architect For HS Review
- Directors OK Engineering Study For High School Systems
- With Ringing Project Done, Pottsgrove Eyes HS Repairs
- Committee: Pottsgrove High Needs Work, Not Renovation
- Response Mixed To Pottsgrove Improvements