Maroon, terra cotta, tan, gray and beige form the color palate for the interior renovation of Pottsgrove High School, as shown (above and at bottom) in samples on display during Tuesday night
POTTSTOWN PA – Five construction contracts for the three-year renovation of Pottsgrove High School on Kauffman Road, with a combined value of $29.25 million, were awarded Tuesday (May 13, 2014) by the district Board of School Directors. Their approval clears the way for work to begin shortly after the academic year ends in mid-June.
The Pottsgrove board approvals hinge on the district’s ability to receive “all governmental approvals and permits required … for the project,” according to the administration. Contracts were accepted for:
- E.R. Stuebner Inc., general construction, $17,822,000;
- Frey Lutz Corp., mechanical construction, $5,253,800;
- MBR Construction Services Inc., electrical construction, $4,601,800;
- Integrity Mechanical Inc., plumbing construction, $1,467,525; and
- Sargent Enterprises Inc., asbestos abatement, $107,000.
Additionally, directors agreed to sign a contract with JMSI Environmental Corporation to manage the asbestos abatement project at a cost of $22,500. They also authorized board President Justin Valentine and Secretary Diane Cherico to sign and execute any necessary paperwork or agreements between Lower Pottsgrove Township and the district that may be needed for the project.
In other construction-related matters:
The board also agreed to spend more than $108,000 to create a secure entrance vestibule at Pottsgrove Middle School on North Hanover Street. It awarded contracts for the project to Walter Brucker & Co. Inc. for general construction costing $74,400; and to MJF Electrical Contracting, Inc. for electrical construction at a price of $33,690.
It said it would pay $12,730 to Sensenig Co. for scheduled work on roof repairs at West Pottsgrove Elementary School, Grosstown Road, Stowe PA.
It authorized the administration to buy new telescoping bleachers for Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School from Degler-Whiting Inc. for $65,900, and to pay an additional $23,770 to R.J. McCarville Associates Ltd. for demolition of the existing bleachers and installation of the new ones. The administration reported the current bleachers posed a safety hazard. Money for the work will be paid from the district capital reserve fund.
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ May 13 meeting):
Related (to Pottsgrove High reconstruction):
- Pottsgrove Board Signs Contracts For High School Work
- Is Pottsgrove High Design Missing One Small Detail?
- Township Offers Bargain On Pottsgrove High Project
- Spadt Resignation, High School Plans On Board Agenda
- Pottsgrove High Makeover Gets Directors’ Green Light
- Pottsgrove Asks Township For A $660,000 ‘Courtesy’
- ‘Grove Considers $108,000 High School ‘Commissioning’
- High School Speed Limit Sign’s Movement Delayed
- High School ‘Constructability,’ Energy Set For A Review
- ‘Grove Outlines Office Need As Part of HS Renovations
- Pottsgrove Looks To Hire HS Clerk Of The Works
- Pottsgrove Aggressive In Promoting, Defending HS Plan
- Pottsgrove ‘Response’ To Press Makes Financing Case
- Zoning Testimony Prompts Later School Board Start
- Board Places A Bet On Winning Grant For High School
- Pottsgrove High Renovations Face Zoning Hearing
- Asbestos Testing, Removal Planned For Pottsgrove High
- ‘Grove Wants To, But Can’t, Block School Lane Access
- Architects: High School Project Needs Zoning Variances
- ‘Grove High Renovation Not Yet Ready For Plan Review
- Pottsgrove To Explore Lighting Its Proposed Turf Field
- Pottsgrove High Reconstruction Might Keep Feet Drier
- Planners Get First Look At Pottsgrove Reconstruction
- Initial Planning OK’d For Pottsgrove High School Work
- Contractor Bids Sought For Pottsgrove Sewer Repairs
- Roofing Replacements At Pottsgrove High Aren’t Far Off
- Pottsgrove Preferences: STEM, Security, And Engineering
- Post Poll: What’s Important To YOU At Pottsgrove High?
- Behind ‘Grove Gym Support: All In A Place, A Place For All
- Blast From ‘Grove’s Past: Look What $1.2 Million Bought
- A Field Here, A Gym There. Voilà! $34.5 Million In Costs
- Monday’s Crowd Supported Pottsgrove Renovation Plan
- ‘Grove’s Smallest Renovation: What To Do With ‘Patio?’
- Pottsgrove Not Alone In Looking At STEM; College Is Too
- Monday Forum Seeks Input On Pottsgrove High Plans
- First Looks Offered For Renovations At Pottsgrove High
- Pottsgrove Now Plans 2 Meetings On High School Project
- Tick-Tock! Contractors Met Timetable At Pottsgrove HS
- Pottsgrove High Classes Unaffected By Smoking Heater
- Search Starts For Feasibility Study Vendor At Pottsgrove
- Upgrades Could Enhance STEM Education At Pottsgrove
- Pottsgrove Seeks Study On High School Project Wish List
- Board OKs Air Repairs As Start Of Fixes At High School
- Pottsgrove Hires Mechanicsburg Architect For HS Review
- Directors OK Engineering Study For High School Systems
- With Ringing Project Done, Pottsgrove Eyes HS Repairs
- Committee: Pottsgrove High Needs Work, Not Renovation
- Response Mixed To Pottsgrove Improvements