New today in The Sanatoga Post:
Ahead This Weekend:
- Pottsgrove Board Signs Contracts For High School Work
Authorizing the five major contractor agreements, totaling more than $29 million, sets the stage for renovation work at Pottsgrove High School to begin in only a few weeks.
- What’s New In Technology? Just Ask ‘Grove Students!
Dozens of eager young faces, and even more adults and friends, participated in or enjoyed the Pottsgrove School District’s second annual Technology Expo on Tuesday night.
- Township Ready To Hire Officer To Fill Vacancy
A conditional offer of full-time employment has been made by the Lower Pottsgrove Police Department to an officer who currently works part-time in two other jurisdictions.
- Arguing Roommates Cited By Police For Harassment
Lower Pottsgrove police lodged charges after the couple allegedly argued on the way home from a night out.
- Police Arrest Woman At Redner’s For Intoxication
The 55-year-old Pottstown resident was stopped as she was leaving the store on North Charlotte Street.
- In Staten Island NY, An Awe-Inspiring Discovery
It’s a location for quiet reflection, and a great place to watch harbor traffic come and go.
- In Contentious Vote, Rossi Named To Pottsgrove Board
Long-time Pottsgrove School Board audience member and commenter John Rossi was moved Tuesday from the public seats to the board conference table in a debated and closed nomination process.
- Police Officers’ Association Plans Golf Fund-Raiser
The organization, formed by Lower Pottsgrove officers during 2013, assists other community organizations and charities. Its inaugural golf outing in scheduled for June 2 at Brookside.
- College Names 12 Area Residents To Who’s Who List
The Montgomery County Community College nominees from five Greater Pottstown area communities were announced Monday.
- YWCA Mixes Business, Pleasure At Its Annual Meeting
The once-yearly gathering in Pottstown serves as a summary of the year past, a preview of the year ahead, and a social gathering too.
- Township Hires Fire Chief For Codes Enforcement Work
Pottstown fire company chief Joseph Groff, who also is a certified and veteran building inspector, in June will become the new codes enforcement officer for Lower Pottsgrove.
- Shred Personal Documents Free In Sanatoga May 24
The event will be held at a Buchert Road residential community.
- Gas Station ‘Eyesore’ Still On Township Bucket List
A corner of North Charlotte and Mervine Streets – one of the “gateways” to Lower Pottsgrove – isn’t yet cleaned up, commissioners grumbled Monday. They’re looking anew for solutions.
- Township Board Acknowledges Executive Session Held
Lower Pottsgrove’s solicitor did not offer little detail of the Board of Commissioners’ discussion that occurred May 5 a half-hour before its regular meeting.
- Painter Offers Lease-Breaker Change In Abuse Cases
Victims of abuse or domestic violence could in some circumstances break free from a property lease if they were threatened in their home, under a amendment from state Rep. Mark Painter.
- June 5-K Community Run Benefits Area Relay For Life
The American Cancer Society will be the ultimate winner of a fund-raising community run scheduled for June 7 in Barto.
- Coming To Royersford: Learn To Eat Like An Egyptian
There were no fast food joints for residents of ancient Egypt, but the things on which they chowed down might surprise you. Learn more May 21 during a special program in Royersford.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.