POTTSTOWN PA – A state and federally supported program that provides free breakfast and lunch meals to children of low-income families when school is not in session resumes Monday (June 16, 2014) and continues weekdays through Aug. 29, according to the Pottstown Parks and Recreation Department.
Meal sites include
- the Rolling Hills Community, Buchert Road, Sanatoga, with breakfast served from 9-10 a.m. and lunch from noon to 1 p.m.
- Both meals also will be served on the same schedule at Rupert Elementary School, 920 Morris St.
Lunches only will be served
- Monday through Wednesday only from noon to 1 p.m. at the Pottstown Regional Public Library, High Street;
- Monday through Thursday only from 1-2 p.m. at Memorial Park, West King Street; and
- during July only on Tuesdays and Thursdays only at Bethel AME Church, 401 Beech St., from noon to 1 p.m.
The Summer Food Service Program supplies meals that meet federal nutrition guidelines to children from 18 months to 18 years old. The Parks and Recreation Department is its local sponsor. Participants must meet certain qualifications; call the department at 610-970-6608 for more information.