POTTSTOWN PA – Get your ticket punched! The first scheduled trips in the Pottsgrove School District’s 2014-2015 travel season have been approved by the district Board of School Directors.
A few will need this
Authorization of travel plans is an exercise that appears annually on the board’s agenda. Directors unanimously and without comment allowed nine jaunts during their June 17 meeting. Most expenses of these trips are paid by students; the exceptions in the list below are an August (2014) sports camp and an April (2015) career conference.
The destinations, listed in bold type and in dated order, are:
- Kutztown PA, July 21-24, 2014; high school wrestling to TNT Wrestling Camp, cost $165 per person;
- Boyertown PA, Aug. 20-23, 2014; high school cross-country at Camp Manatawny, no student costs;
- Hershey PA, Feb. 26-28, 2015; DECA Career Development Conference, cost $300 per student;
- Boston MA, April 10-12, 2015; junior class trip, cost $599 per person;
- Wallops Island VA, April 15-18, 2015; Advanced Biology Trip, cost $350 per person;
- Hershey PA, April 23-29, 2015; DECA International Career Development Conference, no student costs;
- Orlando FL, May 26-30, 2015; senior class trip, cost $1,240 per person;
- Germany, June 13-July 11, 2015; high school trip, cost $2,200 per person; and
- Spain, June-July 2015; high school trip, cost $3,770 per person.
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ June 17 meeting):
Photo from Clipart.com