POTTSTOWN PA – Twenty-six area residents have been honored for their academic accomplishments, as reported this week by their respective colleges and universities.
Sanatoga resident Caitlin Smith is giving up summer vacation to remain on campus at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia as a member of its Summer Scholars Program. Smith is among 106 students engaged in faculty-mentored research and creative projects in the 11-week program. Smith, a pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing major, will work with Dr. George Sillup on their topic, “The Pharmaceutical Industry in the Press.”
Jacob Slick of Pottstown, the son of Douglas Slick and Mary Hingston, has been named to the spring term dean’s list at Hartwick College in Oneonta NY. He is majoring in computer science.
Megan Gittings of Pottstown, a member of the class of 2017 at Loyola University in Baltimore MD, has been named to its spring 2014 dean’s list.
Two residents of Pottstown, and a third from Stowe, were among more than 330 traditional, accelerated degree program and master’s degree graduates during the 155th commencement ceremony at Albright College in Reading PA. Amber Grace of Pottstown graduated with a bachelor of science degree in business administration and fashion merchandising; Chellsey Labik of Pottstown graduated with a bachelor of arts degree in psychology; and Thomas Walsh of Stowe (19464) graduated with a bachelor of science degree in information systems and management.
Esther Hoyt, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Sherwood Hoyt of Pottstown, earned a bachelor of arts degree in communication studies during May (2014) commencement exercises at Grove City College in Grove City PA, north of Pittsburgh.
Fifteen Pottstown residents and one from Stowe graduated May 10 (2014) with bachelor’s or master’s degrees from Kutztown University in Kutztown PA. They are:
- Rebecca L. Baldwin, Elementary Education, cum laude;
- Ryan L. Bittle, Communication Design, magna cum laude;
- Brittany N. Bridi, Leisure and Sport Studies and Business Administration Marketing;
- Antonio E. Filopanti, Criminal Justice;
- Kathleen Maura Fitzpatrick, Fine Arts Crafts, magna cum laude;
- Katrina Harman, School Counseling Licensure, summa cum laude;
- Zachary R. Hill, Leisure and Sport Studies;
- Ronald B. Levan, Business Administration Management;
- Nick A. Maloney, Leisure and Sport Studies;
- Thomas A. Nash, English/Professional Writing, cum laude;
- Kevin M. Pollock, Communication Studies;
- Margaret R. Rissmiller, Higher Education College Counseling Licensure, summa cum laude;
- Courtney Lynn Sell, Business Administration Marketing;
- Tobiah P. Steinmetz, Criminal Justice, cum laude;
- Zamir T. Summers, Psychology/Clinical Counseling; and
- Zachary P. Warren, Public Administration.
Jay Young , Lauren Albright, and Ashley Hoffman, all of Pottstown, have been admitted to the 81st freshmen class at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre PA. Each plans to study pre-pharmacy, according to the university.
Photo from Google Images