POTTSTOWN PA – Personnel decisions and other Pottsgrove School District employment matters recommended by Superintendent Shellie Feola were unanimously accepted last Tuesday (Aug. 12, 2014) by the Board of School Directors, affecting more than 30 positions. They include:
Professional Staff Appointments
- Brian Sheehan, as biology and chemistry teacher at Pottsgrove High School, compensation $41,929;
- Erica Daltry, as Grade 3 teacher at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary, compensation $60,442;
- Matthew Ricci, as Grade 1 teacher at Ringing Rocks Elementary, $42,827;
- Brittany Marzella, as kindergarten teacher at Ringing Rocks, $42,827;
- Megan Rowson, as math teacher at Pottsgrove Middle School, $42,710;
- Michele Moyer, as part-time Spanish teacher at the middle and high schools, $20,964;
- Carolyn Kochka, as a long-term substitute at Ringing Rocks, $41,929;
- Lauren Compton, as a long-term substitute at the high school, $41,929;
- Tiffany Nguyen, as a long-term substitute at the high school, $20, 964;
- Kelly Reilly, as a special education teacher at the middle school, $41,929;
- Amy Cantymagli, as K-12 curriculum and instructional coach, $59,562;
- Jean Randall, as an elementary computer teacher at Ringing Rocks and West Pottsgrove elementaries, $42,827; and
- Victoria Sarian, as a long-term substitute at the middle school, $41,929.
Professional Staff Resignations
- Justin Giles, as a special education teacher at the middle school; and
- Morgan O’Hara, as a part-time German teacher at the middle and high schools.
Resignation Of Substitutes
- Alysa Wolford, Rachel Applegate and Melissa Moser, all substitute teachers.
Support Staff Resignations
- Sharon Wilson, duty aide at West Pottsgrove;
- Tina Missimer, instructional assistant at the middle school;
- Tina Missimer, intervention tutor at West Pottsgrove;
- Rebecca Cary, Title I instructional assistant at Ringing Rocks; and
- Wendy Zimmerman, student assistant at Lower Pottsgrove.
- Dr. Sylvia Sanfilippo-Cohn, as acting director of pupil services, at $80 hourly.
- The administration was authorized to contract with the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit for provision of on-site special education supervisory support three days weekly, at a cost of $450 per day, until the district fills its vacant Director of Special Education position.
- Salary increases were approved “as presented” for a classified employee group that included non-certified nurses, intervention tutors, instructional assistants, library assistants, building aides, in-school support monitors, student assistants and duty aides. The actual amount of raises for any specific individual or employee category were not publicly disclosed.
Job Description Revisions
- Approved for student data support.
Supplemental Position Resignations
- Holli Artim, as Falcon Advisor (split) and Falcon Business Manager (split) at the high school;
- Amber Biddle, as Falcon Advisor (split) and Falcon Business Manager (split) at the high school; and
- Christine Henry, as lead teacher of technology at Pottsgrove Middle School.
Student Teacher Placements
- Shawna Strong of West Chester University, during Spring 2014, supervised by Sara Beaver.
- Superintendent Shellie Feola, to attend professional development at the AASA-School Superintendent’s Association conference on Feb. 25-29, 2015, at a cost not to exceed $2,900;
- Gwen Gundrum, high school German Teacher, to attend LaSalle University’s Advanced Placement German Language Training at a cost of $1,689, with no substitute needed; and
- Daniel Vorhis, director of education, to attend Discovery Education Learning Summit at a cost of $602 with no substitute needed.
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ Aug. 12 meeting):
- “School Board Notes” of Aug. 12 (on The Post’s Resources Page)
- Pottsgrove Personnel Decisions Affect 30+ Positions
- ‘Grove Parents Want More Time For Keystone Test Help
- Pottsgrove OKs Fall Sports Coaches’ Supplemental Pay
- Pottsgrove Tech Works, Satisfied Board Parents Say
- Shush! ‘Quieter’ Renovations OK’d At Pottsgrove High
- Pottsgrove Hires Interim Pupil Services Leader
- School Board To Seek Special Ed Supervisory Help
Photo from Clipart.com