POTTSTOWN PA – Area residents or their out-of-town guests who want to go fishing on Labor Day (Sept. 1; Monday), but don’t want to pay full price for the privilege, can buy a one-day discounted license for $1 in a special offer from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.
The commission is cutting the price of one-day resident and non-resident fishing licenses for the first time for Labor Day only. Although the license itself is just a buck, added issuing agent and transaction fees bring the total for a single-day adult license to $2.70. That’s still a huge savings compared to the regular cost of $11.70, the agency said.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods, Coventry Mall, Routes 724 And 100, Pottstown;
- K-Mart, 2200 E. High St., Sanatoga;
- Limerick Hardware Company, 712 W. Ridge Pike, Limerick;
- Dick’s Sporting Goods, Providence Town Center, Routes 422 and 29, Collegeville;
- Walmart, 620A Gravel Pike, East Greenville; and
- Green Lane Liberty, 112 Gravel Pike, Green Lane.
The bargain license is to remind anglers that fishing is a year-round sport and doesn’t end after trout or bass season, or when kids return to the classroom, commission Executive Director John Arway said.