- Another Business Closes; Help Sought For Sanatoga
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners are meeting with the Montgomery County Development Corporation to discuss how to more aggressively market the Sanatoga village district.
- Circus Expected Tonight; Canceled Tuesday
A Lewis and Clark Circus employee said difficulty in erecting its big-top tent forced cancellation of its Tuesday shows in Sanatoga. Those tickets will be honored tonight.
- Last-Day Music Soothes Lower Students’ Souls
A concert performed by students at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School was part of the last-full-day festivities there Tuesday.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
Upper Pottsgrove woman pleads guilty in teen sex case; Report claims uninsured overcharged by Pottstown, Phoenixville hospitals; Three arrests after Pottstown motel alleged drug discovery.
- PEAK Sets August Dates For Readiness Program
Free sessions planned for August are intended to help young children within the Pottstown School District prepare for success in kindergarten. Enrollments are being accepted now.
- Pottstown Senior Circle Marks 11th Anniversary
The Pottstown chapter of Senior Circle observed the organization’s 11th anniversary June 3 with a luncheon party.
- Say Hello To Royersford’s Newest Business
It’s a digital marketing firm that serves clients across the Greater Philadelphia area.
- Wentz Farmstead Offers 3 Camps This Summer
Space is still available for children in grades 4-6 to register in Colonial Camp, the first of three summer camp experiences being offered by historic Peter Wentz Farmstead.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- ReadyMontco Alert System Now Running, Board Learns
Lower Pottsgrove’s emergency management coordinator suggests that township residents sign up now for customizable alerts and information on local severe weather, traffic, and other emergencies.
- Police: No Pottsgrove High Arrests During May
In fact, it was a quiet month for Lower Pottsgrove Police Ofc. David Slothower, who serves as school resource officer in the high school as well as Lower Pottsgrove and Ringing Rocks elementaries.
- ‘Grove Graduation Friday; Hope For Good Weather
Let the sun shine; let temperatures be pleasant! And even if Mother Nature lets us down Pottsgrove graduation ceremonies will be grand, its principal reminds visitors and guests.
- Treats Await At Sanatoga Strawberry Festival
The most succulent-tasting time of the year has arrived. The annual Strawberry Festival of the Lower Pottsgrove Historical Society is scheduled for Saturday.
- Big-Top Circus Opens Tonight In Sanatoga
Performances of the Lewis and Clark Circus open tonight (Tuesday, June 9) at the Sanatoga Fire Company, 2222 E. High St., with shows at 5 and 7:30 p.m. Kids are free with a paying adult.
- Regional Update Hearing In Township Tonight
A public hearing on the 2015 update to the comprehensive plan for the Pottstown Metropolitan Region, of which Lower Pottsgrove is a part, will be held by township commissioners tonight at 7 p.m.
- Police Find Unconscious Man, Toddler In Vehicle
The car was parked Saturday off Industrial Highway, Lower Pottsgrove police report, with a 2-year-old boy inside in a child safety seat. The driver was arrested on drug-related charges.
- Arrgh! There Be Pirates Hunting In Sanatoga
Pottstown’s Tri-County Community Network challenged children and adults Saturday with a treasure hunt that encouraged them to learn more about the environment while having fun.
- Pottsgrove High Holds Final Exams This Week
Seeing more glum faces headed to Pottsgrove High School this week? Well, one explanation is summed up in two words: “final exams.”
- Events Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
Meetings, activities, events and Pottsgrove School District sports happening this week, as submitted to The Post calendar.
- Area Scholars Honored For College Achievements
A total of 43 local students were honored through Friday for academic accomplishments and achievements.
- Township Police Praised For Prompt Response
A state program relies on local police records to validate crime victims’ compensation claims. It said Lower Pottsgrove police were among those who quickly replied to its requests.
- Surgery Prep: Find Your Pre-Operative Peace
Simple things that can adequately prepare you for surgery can also make the surgery itself less stressful, this Pottstown physician and surgeon suggests.
- Editor’s Selections Saturday In The Post
Another crash at the West Pottsgrove corner that officials already identify as a problem; Lower Pottsgrove’s trash carrier offers a worker incentive; and more money for July 4th fireworks.
- Look, Up In The Sky! It’s The Park Mapper
Recently completed aerial photography is expected to help Lower Pottsgrove’s engineering firm, Bursich Associates, figure out the best way to drain swampy fields at Gerald Richards Park.
- County OKs Its Funding For Rupert Bridge
Montgomery County commissioners said “yes” Thursday to their $350,000 portion of the cost of replacing the Rupert Road bridge. Now Lower Pottsgrove must also approve, and work can begin.
- Township Police Apply For Bullet-Proof Vest Grant
Lower Pottsgrove’s police department in 2014 won federal grant money to help replace four of its officers’ bullet-proof vests. Its chief hopes the department’s luck holds this year.
- Althouse Arboretum Offers Two Summer Camps
The non-profit outdoor preserve and wildlife center in Upper Pottsgrove has scheduled two different week-long summer camps during late June and mid-July.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.