- School Board Budget Decision On Agenda Tonight
Pottsgrove’s Board of School Directors seem intent on approving the district’s 2015-2016 general fund budget tonight (Tuesday), or at least that’s what its agenda indicates.
- Sunshine, Strawberries Brighten Sanatoga Festival
Seeking proof that small-town life blossoms despite the proximity of a big city? You need only to have visited the Lower Pottsgrove Historical Society’s Strawberry Festival on Saturday.
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Upper Pottsgrove losing commissioner to a move; Lower Pottsgrove’s state senator plans a run for attorney general; Local Met-Ed customers lost power in Sunday storms; and free bus rides.
- July, August Talent Set For Township Concerts
Two more bands will play free concert dates in the summer series scheduled by the Limerick Parks and Recreation Department.
- Limerick Police Chatted, Sipped With Residents
The police department’s first “Coffee With A Cop” session Monday was a satisfying launch to what Chief William Albany promises will be a series of similar sessions to come.
- Chase Ends With Troopers Hurt, Suspect Crashed
An alleged carjacking in the Reading area resulted in a high-speed chase across county lines and down U.S. Route 422, and ended with a crash near Royersford.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Bridge Inspection Delays This Week On 422
Commuters on U.S. Route 422 this week can expect to encounter lane restrictions at its Trooper Road and Valley Forge Road interchanges.
- Cheer Team Cleans Up As Camp Draws Closer
Members of the Pottsgrove High varsity cheer team held a fund-raising car wash Sunday, with their eyes on a coming cheer camp for younger children that’s planned for June 23-24.
- Schuylkill Sojourn Ends With Awesome Views
Boaters who paddled the 112-mile distance down the Schuylkill River through Saturday were treated to spectacular scenery.
- Events Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
Meetings, activities, and events happening this week, as submitted to The Post calendar.
- Traffic Reporter Bob Kelly In Royersford Monday
The “Jam-O” man himself, traffic reporter Bob Kelly, will stop for a meal Monday morning in Royersford.
- Limerick Police Host First ‘Coffee With A Cop’
The opening session launches this morning (Monday) at the Spring Valley YMCA. Others will be scheduled, the department said.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
Pool’s finally open, with much fanfare, in West Pottsgrove; The Saucony Mile run returns Friday to Limerick Airport; Pottstown area educator Myra Forrest retiring; and a Flag Day tribute.
- Pottsgrove Graduates Get A Steamy Send-Off
With 9 photos. Temperatures and humidity both soared early Friday evening (June 12, 2015), creating steamy but no less successful conditions for this year’s graduating class at Pottsgrove High School.
- Sunnybrook Grand Plans Detailed At Ground-Breaking
Local dignitaries and other invited guests dined happily Friday as they heard about plans to expand and remake Sunnybrook Ballroom as a premiere entertainment and fine dining location.
- Post 244 Names Americanism Award Winners
American Legion Post 244 in Sanatoga this week named Pottsgrove school winners of its Americanism School Awards.
- Editor’s Selections Saturday In The Post
Fair funding for schools advocates take to courthouse steps; Limerick police ‘cycle crash video highly popular; Ooops! Correcting county sign typo costs $4,000; and helping non-profits.
- History Author Tolle Talks About Pottstown
He’ll be a featured speaker July 28 at the Historical Society of Montgomery County in Norristown.
- Banquet Recognizes Pottstown Honor Seniors
Nineteen members of the graduating class in Pottstown also are members of the high school honor society, and were acknowledged during a recent awards banquet.
- Township Police Burned Through Fuel In Busy Month
The fleet of 13 vehicles serving the Lower Pottsgrove Police Department during May needed about a thousand gallons of fuel per cruiser in what was a particularly active month.
- Community Band Plays At Foundation Concert
Music will bloom in Royersford during late June, as the the Pottsgrove Community Band offers a free concert presented by the Spring-Ford Educational Foundation.
- Spring-Ford Seniors Celebrate Their Graduation
Seniors, their families and friends were all smiles Thursday night as Spring-Ford Area High School conducted its Class of 2015 commencement exercises in Royersford.
- A’Paddling They Went Towards Philadelphia
More than 100 boats and their occupants were en route Wednesday from Pottstown to Philadelphia in an annual river adventure.
- Police Investigate Sanatoga Car Wash Coin Theft
Lower Pottsgrove detectives are pursing leads and looking for suspects in an incident that may be related to others that have occurred in recent weeks across several counties.
- Region Plan OK After Brief, No-Comment Hearing
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners on Monday unanimously approved the 2015 update to the Pottstown Metropolitan Regional Comprehensive Plan.
- Lower Pottsgrove Planners Cancel Meeting
The township planning commission was scheduled to meet Wednesday but did not, due to a lack of agenda business. It meets next on July 20.
- Editor’s Selections Thursday In The Post
A Pottstown resident gets a military hero’s welcome home; Schuylkill Sojourn glides through Pottstown; Crude oil trains a state Senate topic; and a completion goal for the Route 23 bridge.
- Another Business Closes; Help Sought For Sanatoga
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners are meeting with the Montgomery County Development Corporation to discuss how to more aggressively market the Sanatoga village district.
- Last-Day Music Soothes Lower Students’ Souls
A concert performed by students at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School was part of the last-full-day festivities there Tuesday.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
Upper Pottsgrove woman pleads guilty in teen sex case; Report claims uninsured overcharged by Pottstown, Phoenixville hospitals; Three arrests after Pottstown motel alleged drug discovery.
- PEAK Sets August Dates For Readiness Program
Free sessions planned for August are intended to help young children within the Pottstown School District prepare for success in kindergarten. Enrollments are being accepted now.
- Pottstown Senior Circle Marks 11th Anniversary
The Pottstown chapter of Senior Circle observed the organization’s 11th anniversary June 3 with a luncheon party.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.