- 12 Days Of Change Ahead For 422 At Boulevard
All U.S. Route 422 traffic will shift to the new eastbound bridge near Armand Hammer Boulevard. The westbound on-ramp there will close. And the westbound bridge will start to come down.
- PA 9-1-1 Fee Increase Closer To Governor’s Desk
No matter what kind of phone you use, if this law is approved you’ll pay more on your monthly phone bill to support county 9-1-1 emergency call centers and similar services.
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
Grab your track shoes for the Saucony Run in Limerick, watch baseball in Schwenksville, see vintage cars in Morgantown and Skippack, feast with the beasts at Elmwood Zoo, and celebrate with Dad.
- Arboretum Holds Community Recycling Day
The environmental education organization has planned a scrap metal and tire recycling day for June 27.
- Gaming Convention Holds Annual Expo In Oaks
Meet YouTube celebrities, play the latest electronic and online games, and even enjoy throwback board and table games during the weekend show in the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center.
- Editor’s Selections Friday In The Post
Got something memorable about Pottstown? Put it in a time capsule!; Arrest made in Royersford home break-in; Return of borough walking tours get welcome reception; and girls engineering toys.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- PA Lawmakers Could Roll Dice On Internet Gambling
Online gambling, if approved as currently proposed in the state Senate, could help Pennsylvania cover next year’s much-discussed budget shortfall. Is it the windfall some legislators hope for?
- Cars On The Menu Wednesday At Hill-Top
With 10 photos. Name a car, and you probably could have found it among the dozens parked on display Wednesday night in Sanatoga.
- Trouble Getting Home Wednesday? Blame A Buckle
Concrete that buckled under high heat conditions Wednesday afternoon on U.S. Route 422 westbound, just before the Phoenixville-Collegeville exit, caused more than 6 hours of delays.
- Pottstown Man Arrested In Alleged Assault
A Pottstown man is being held in the county jail on assault and related charges following an incident investigated Tuesday by Lower Pottsgrove police.
- Pottsgrove Budget Final; Taxes Rising 0.55 Percent
The now-approved Pottsgrove School District budget of $63.91 million carries a tax increase of slightly more than one-half of 1 percent, the lowest hike of the past five years.
- Pottsgrove Meeting Goes From Pleasant To Not So
Some Pottsgrove school board members have grumbled about and been hostile toward each other for months. All their rancor spilled out again Tuesday night.
- School Board Budget Decision On Agenda Tonight
Pottsgrove’s Board of School Directors seem intent on approving the district’s 2015-2016 general fund budget tonight (Tuesday), or at least that’s what its agenda indicates.
- Sunshine, Strawberries Brighten Sanatoga Festival
Seeking proof that small-town life blossoms despite the proximity of a big city? You need only to have visited the Lower Pottsgrove Historical Society’s Strawberry Festival on Saturday.
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Upper Pottsgrove losing commissioner to a move; Lower Pottsgrove’s state senator plans a run for attorney general; Local Met-Ed customers lost power in Sunday storms; and free bus rides.
- July, August Talent Set For Township Concerts
Two more bands will play free concert dates in the summer series scheduled by the Limerick Parks and Recreation Department.
- Limerick Police Chatted, Sipped With Residents
The police department’s first “Coffee With A Cop” session Monday was a satisfying launch to what Chief William Albany promises will be a series of similar sessions to come.
- Chase Ends With Troopers Hurt, Suspect Crashed
An alleged carjacking in the Reading area resulted in a high-speed chase across county lines and down U.S. Route 422, and ended with a crash near Royersford.
- Bridge Inspection Delays This Week On 422
Commuters on U.S. Route 422 this week can expect to encounter lane restrictions at its Trooper Road and Valley Forge Road interchanges.
- Cheer Team Cleans Up As Camp Draws Closer
Members of the Pottsgrove High varsity cheer team held a fund-raising car wash Sunday, with their eyes on a coming cheer camp for younger children that’s planned for June 23-24.
- Schuylkill Sojourn Ends With Awesome Views
Boaters who paddled the 112-mile distance down the Schuylkill River through Saturday were treated to spectacular scenery.
- Events Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
Meetings, activities, and events happening this week, as submitted to The Post calendar.
- Traffic Reporter Bob Kelly In Royersford Monday
The “Jam-O” man himself, traffic reporter Bob Kelly, will stop for a meal Monday morning in Royersford.
- Limerick Police Host First ‘Coffee With A Cop’
The opening session launches this morning (Monday) at the Spring Valley YMCA. Others will be scheduled, the department said.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
Pool’s finally open, with much fanfare, in West Pottsgrove; The Saucony Mile run returns Friday to Limerick Airport; Pottstown area educator Myra Forrest retiring; and a Flag Day tribute.
- Pottsgrove Graduates Get A Steamy Send-Off
With 9 photos. Temperatures and humidity both soared early Friday evening (June 12, 2015), creating steamy but no less successful conditions for this year’s graduating class at Pottsgrove High School.
- Sunnybrook Grand Plans Detailed At Ground-Breaking
Local dignitaries and other invited guests dined happily Friday as they heard about plans to expand and remake Sunnybrook Ballroom as a premiere entertainment and fine dining location.
- Post 244 Names Americanism Award Winners
American Legion Post 244 in Sanatoga this week named Pottsgrove school winners of its Americanism School Awards.
- Editor’s Selections Saturday In The Post
Fair funding for schools advocates take to courthouse steps; Limerick police ‘cycle crash video highly popular; Ooops! Correcting county sign typo costs $4,000; and helping non-profits.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.