SANATOGA PA – Lower Pottsgrove’s popular and free summer concert series revs up again this Sunday (June 28, 2015) with the perennial return of local musical favorite, the Bill Koss Combo. The series conducted by the Parks and Recreation Board kicks off at 6 p.m. at the band shell in Sanatoga Park off South Sanatoga Road.
No reservations are required, and parking is nearby and free. The township encourages music lovers to “bring the family, a beach blanket or chair, and enjoy a night of family-friendly concerts under the stars.” The events are sponsored by Exelon.
Also scheduled to appear in township concerts during subsequent weeks at the park, according to the township Facebook page, are:
- July 12 (Sunday) from 6-6:45 p.m., singer Michael Kropp with a children’s show, followed by music for all from 7-8 p.m.
- July 19 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., the Barbone Street Jazz Band (pictured above), an ultimate dance band with jazz and swing;
- July 26 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., The Mango Men, whose music spans rock, pop, country and almost everything else;
- July 29 (Wednesday) at 7 p.m., Kropp and Friends;
- Aug. 2 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., Where’s Pete; and
- Aug. 9 (Sunday) at 6 p.m., a series-closing performance by The Pottsgrove Community Band, known for its marches.
In case of rain, concerts are re-scheduled for the next day at 7 p.m. The township hopes to run every show on time, but to check its website or Facebook page to see if they are re-scheduled.
For more information, call the municipal building at 610-323-0436, Ext. 207.
Photo from Google Images