- New Postcard Scam Warning In Lower Pottsgrove
Township administrators warned residents Monday to ignore a postcard that urges they call about a “water update.” There isn’t one, at least not here. It’s a scam attempt, they alleged.
- Go Ahead, Invite Theft. Leave Your Car Unlocked
Several Lower Pottsgrove neighborhoods have been hit this month by thefts from cars, township police report. Their owners might have prevented these crimes, they added, if only …
- Sanatoga Summer Concerts Kick Off Sunday
Seven different performances are scheduled through Aug. 9 at Sanatoga Park, with something for everyone: jazz, rock, polkas, kid’s songs, folk, marches, and more.
- Couples Argue Most Over Personal Finances
Follow this do-and-don’t list, offered on behalf of Montgomery County’s 300 certified public accountants, and stay out of trouble with your spouse over money matters.
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Property tax foes meeting in Pottstown, and want you to join them; Making more music happen for borough artists; “Educated guessing” in school district budgets; and park improvements.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- 422 Bridge Ride Smoother Across Schuylkill
The first late June lane change is complete on U.S. Route 422: eastbound traffic is now crossing the new eastbound bridge at Armand Hammer Boulevard. A westbound lane shift occurs next weekend.
- Pottsgrove June 16 Meeting Now Being Broadcast
The Pottstown-based PCTV Network’s video recording of the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ June 16 meeting was posted Friday to YouTube for public viewing.
- Introducing Money-Saving Coupons At The Post
The Post Publications has added a new page that offers more than 450 money-saving, print-and-clip coupons for everything from groceries to beauty supplies. The selection changes daily.
- Events Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
Meetings, activities, and events happening this week, as submitted to The Post calendar.
- Side Impact Collision Sunday On Lewis Road
3 photos. A car and truck collided Sunday on North Lewis Road near West Ridge Pike in Limerick, briefly trapping a driver.
- Limerick Park Master Plans Meeting Monday
Limerick residents are being asked to come out Monday (June 22, 2015) to a meeting at the municipal building to help determine the best recreational uses for two public parks.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
Pottstown considers tax incentives to improve all commercial properties; PA approves a private school solely for gifted children; Floating to relieve stress a growing business; and preparing for healthcare.
- Editor’s Selections Sunday In The Post
Lots of taste, no allergens at Beverly’s Pastry Shop in Pottstown; Local vigil for South Carolina victims; Soap Box Derby cheers its winners; and Valley Forge plans for July 4
- ‘Out-Of-Box’ Loan Deal Saves Pottsgrove $523,000
Before they approved a slight property tax increase for the 2015-2016 final budget, Pottsgrove school directors jumped at the chance to save a half-million dollars in refinancing a loan.
- Relay For Life Plans For 2016 Pottsgrove Return
Pottstown’s Relay For Life expressed its continuing thanks Tuesday to Pottsgrove school directors for their help in making the event possible. They’re already looking toward next year.
- Editor’s Selections For Saturday In The Post
Wave the checkered flag, it’s Soap Box Derby Day; Pottstown recycling company hopes to grab your attention; business tax break considered in borough; and producing pizza in Collegeville.
- 12 Days Of Change Ahead For 422 At Boulevard
All U.S. Route 422 traffic will shift to the new eastbound bridge near Armand Hammer Boulevard. The westbound on-ramp there will close. And the westbound bridge will start to come down.
- PA 9-1-1 Fee Increase Closer To Governor’s Desk
No matter what kind of phone you use, if this law is approved you’ll pay more on your monthly phone bill to support county 9-1-1 emergency call centers and similar services.
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
Grab your track shoes for the Saucony Run in Limerick, watch baseball in Schwenksville, see vintage cars in Morgantown and Skippack, feast with the beasts at Elmwood Zoo, and celebrate with Dad.
- Arboretum Holds Community Recycling Day
The environmental education organization has planned a scrap metal and tire recycling day for June 27.
- Gaming Convention Holds Annual Expo In Oaks
Meet YouTube celebrities, play the latest electronic and online games, and even enjoy throwback board and table games during the weekend show in the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center.
- Editor’s Selections Friday In The Post
Got something memorable about Pottstown? Put it in a time capsule!; Arrest made in Royersford home break-in; Return of borough walking tours get welcome reception; and girls engineering toys.
- PA Lawmakers Could Roll Dice On Internet Gambling
Online gambling, if approved as currently proposed in the state Senate, could help Pennsylvania cover next year’s much-discussed budget shortfall. Is it the windfall some legislators hope for?
- Cars On The Menu Wednesday At Hill-Top
With 10 photos. Name a car, and you probably could have found it among the dozens parked on display Wednesday night in Sanatoga.
- Trouble Getting Home Wednesday? Blame A Buckle
Concrete that buckled under high heat conditions Wednesday afternoon on U.S. Route 422 westbound, just before the Phoenixville-Collegeville exit, caused more than 6 hours of delays.
- Pottstown Man Arrested In Alleged Assault
A Pottstown man is being held in the county jail on assault and related charges following an incident investigated Tuesday by Lower Pottsgrove police.
- Pottsgrove Budget Final; Taxes Rising 0.55 Percent
The now-approved Pottsgrove School District budget of $63.91 million carries a tax increase of slightly more than one-half of 1 percent, the lowest hike of the past five years.
- Pottsgrove Meeting Goes From Pleasant To Not So
Some Pottsgrove school board members have grumbled about and been hostile toward each other for months. All their rancor spilled out again Tuesday night.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.