- Suddenly In Sanatoga, Nothing Happened
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners earlier this month held an executive session regarding a personnel issue. They even thought they might reconvene to vote on the matter. Well …
- Celebrate The Fourth Early With Sanatoga Show
Patriotic music will resound from the halls and ballroom of Sunnybrook in Sanatoga on Sunday, as the Boyertown Alumni Marching Unit offers a concert for Independence Day. It’s complete with flags!
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
It’s a packed weekend! Volleyball excitement at the Pottstown Rumble; Lower Pottsgrove concerts begin; Boyertown marchers play at Sunnybrook; Motorcycles fill the borough Saturday; and Spring City on sale.
- Unlocked Cars Focus Of Pottstown Thieves
The latest round of thefts in neighborhoods across the borough are from cars their owners failed to lock. Two suspects have been seen on video using a systematic way to spot targets.
- A Testimonial From Wa-a-a-ay Above Pottstown
Sanatoga Sealcoating needed to give potential customers a way to judge its work from the best possible vantage point. Why not from the sky, using a drone?, company representatives figured.
- Weather Didn’t Dampen Concert Enthusiasm
So it was a little wet Thursday night in Spring City. So what?, asked those at the borough’s first concert of the summer. They had a grand time. Two more shows are set for July and August.
- ‘Big Hero’ Hits Park Big Screen Sunday
Collegeville’s free Summer Movies In The Park this Sunday (June 28) features the animated Disney film “Big Hero 6.” Bring a picnic dinner, some chairs, and make a night of it.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Another Merchant Vacancy Looms In Sanatoga
Tri-County Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram is expected to leave its Sanatoga village location within weeks for a new building now under construction in Limerick. There are no firm plans, yet, for the old property.
- Local Police Summary Warrant Sweep Nets 29
Officers from the Lower Pottsgrove Police Department, as well as those from West Pottsgrove and state constables, assisted Pottstown police Wednesday to bring in 29 offenders on outstanding warrants.
- Tour Collegeville Blooming Gardens Saturday
Annuals, perennials and vegetables, oh my! All sorts of floral and plant life is on display Saturday, during Collegeville’s first Blooming Community Garden Tour.
- Archaeology Open House Sunday In Trappe
Learn about the summer archaeology project being conducted at The Speaker’s House in Trappe, and see its new Pennsylvania German kitchen garden, too.
- Editor’s Selections Thursday In The Post
Legal battles continue in Lower Pottsgrove alleged vehicular homicide; Regional planners want activities list for parks; Local property tax meeting tonight; and 2 to be tried in Pottstown murder.
- After The Storm, A Sky Aglow With Colors
Tuesday night’s weather across western Montgomery County was brutal before, beautiful after.
- Pottsgrove High Names 4Q Honor Roll Students
Students at Pottsgrove High School have been designated as recipients of honors or distinguished honors during the last quarter of the academic year.
- Pottsgrove MS Announces Its 4Q Honor Roll Students
Dozens of Pottsgrove Middle School students have been designated as recipients of honors or distinguished honors during the last quarter of the academic year.
- Pottstown Physician: Men, Don’t Avoid Check-Up
Annual health screenings and a physical check-up for men won’t take long, Pottstown physician Dr. Charles Gory says, but it could add years to their lives.
- Pottstown Dog Trainer Certified Trick Instructor
Jeff Dentler, the owner of Dentler’s Dog Training LLC in Pottstown, has earned a designation that puts him in a highly select group.
- Downed Lines Close Roads In Douglassville
A construction vehicle is suspected to have hit a utility pole Tuesday, bringing down power lines across a portion of U.S. Route 422. It slowed traffic to a crawl for about 12 hours.
- Posts’ Make-Over Geared Toward Mobility
The Sanatoga, Limerick and Pottstown Posts show off a new design today. It’s specifically intended to make our websites and content easier to read and use on mobile devices.
- New Postcard Scam Warning In Lower Pottsgrove
Township administrators warned residents Monday to ignore a postcard that urges they call about a “water update.” There isn’t one, at least not here. It’s a scam attempt, they alleged.
- Go Ahead, Invite Theft. Leave Your Car Unlocked
Several Lower Pottsgrove neighborhoods have been hit this month by thefts from cars, township police report. Their owners might have prevented these crimes, they added, if only …
- Sanatoga Summer Concerts Kick Off Sunday
Seven different performances are scheduled through Aug. 9 at Sanatoga Park, with something for everyone: jazz, rock, polkas, kid’s songs, folk, marches, and more.
- Couples Argue Most Over Personal Finances
Follow this do-and-don’t list, offered on behalf of Montgomery County’s 300 certified public accountants, and stay out of trouble with your spouse over money matters.
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Property tax foes meeting in Pottstown, and want you to join them; Making more music happen for borough artists; “Educated guessing” in school district budgets; and park improvements.
- 422 Bridge Ride Smoother Across Schuylkill
The first late June lane change is complete on U.S. Route 422: eastbound traffic is now crossing the new eastbound bridge at Armand Hammer Boulevard. A westbound lane shift occurs next weekend.
- Pottsgrove June 16 Meeting Now Being Broadcast
The Pottstown-based PCTV Network’s video recording of the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ June 16 meeting was posted Friday to YouTube for public viewing.
- Introducing Money-Saving Coupons At The Post
The Post Publications has added a new page that offers more than 450 money-saving, print-and-clip coupons for everything from groceries to beauty supplies. The selection changes daily.
- Events Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
Meetings, activities, and events happening this week, as submitted to The Post calendar.
- Side Impact Collision Sunday On Lewis Road
3 photos. A car and truck collided Sunday on North Lewis Road near West Ridge Pike in Limerick, briefly trapping a driver.
- Limerick Park Master Plans Meeting Monday
Limerick residents are being asked to come out Monday (June 22, 2015) to a meeting at the municipal building to help determine the best recreational uses for two public parks.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
Pottstown considers tax incentives to improve all commercial properties; PA approves a private school solely for gifted children; Floating to relieve stress a growing business; and preparing for healthcare.
- Editor’s Selections Sunday In The Post
Lots of taste, no allergens at Beverly’s Pastry Shop in Pottstown; Local vigil for South Carolina victims; Soap Box Derby cheers its winners; and Valley Forge plans for July 4
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.