- New Local Scams: Police Solicits; Mystery Shopper
Western Montgomery County has been deluged with criminal scans in recent weeks. Now, local police departments warn, there are two more to be aware of that are sucking in the unsuspecting.
- Sanatoga, Limerick Assist At Eastwood Co. Fire
Firefighters from seven borough and area companies, including Sanatoga and Limerick, rushed to extinguish an early Thursday morning, two-alarm fire at the Eastwood Company on Shoemaker Road.
- Bring Your Young Kids For Sanatoga Musical Fun
Parents and grandparents: here’s a fun, free way to enjoy your Sunday in a park. Come to Lower Pottsgrove’s summer concert performance for pre-schoolers, then stay for an adults’ Beatles set.
- Editor’s Selections Friday In The Post
Sprinklers save the day at Eastwood fire in Pottstown; Berks trucker charged in Stowe man’s death; ‘Cyclist hospitalized after Route 100 crash; Tuition going up at PA universities.
- Limerick Park Hosts, Benefits From Runners
Sunday’s “5-K Run For The Park” at Limerick Community Park, sponsored by the township Parks and Recreation Department, gives runners the best look at where money they raise will be used.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Emergency Notice Change Goes Smoothly Here
Lower Pottsgrove joined Montgomery County last month in changing to a new public emergency notification system. The switch went smoothly, the township Emergency Management Coordinator said.
- Lower Pottsgrove May Expenses Totaled $414,239
Lower Pottsgrove incurred $414,239 in expenses during May. Here’s where the money went.
- Commissioners Make A Techno-Chic Entrance
Lower Pottsgrove’s elected leadership arrived at its meeting Monday with computing power in hand.
- Editor’s Selections Thursday In The Post
Driver charged with hitting a Lower Pottsgrove police officer in April to be evaluated for competency; Pottstown cyclists invite you to join the Boob Ride; and will liquor prices rise?
- Police Arrest 2 Wanted In Out-Of-Town Cases
During the past two weeks, on two different patrols, Lower Pottsgrove police have arrested two suspects wanted by out-of-town law enforcement agencies in relation to significant crimes.
- Police Allege Driver Stopped, Then Sped Away
He was identified in an investigation that followed the early Friday morning incident. Now charges have been filed against him by Lower Pottsgrove police.
- Dispose Of Hazardous Household Waste Saturday
Montgomery County’s recycling team will accept your hazardous household wastes and dispose of them safely Saturday, for free! Clean up the attic and basement, and trek to Royersford.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
Swastika vandalism investigated in Stowe; Pottstown’s Memorial Park slowly getting back into shape; Suzy Jo Donuts plans for another store; Alleged police assailant heads to state prison.
- New York Plaza Puts On A New Face Downtown
With a new set of owners, the venerable New York Plaza building on East High Street in downtown Pottstown also got a new look last week.
- Pottstown Pets Fair Observes 5th Year This Fall
The fifth anniversary of the annual Pottstown Pets Fair, scheduled for Sept. 19, includes expanded activities for all kinds of pets and their owners. Sponsors are being sought now.
- Rupert School Hosts Activity-Filled Summer
Families whose children attend Pottstown’s Rupert Elementary School can look forward to six special activities created for them during the next 30 days. Check out what’s been planned!
- Limerick Devotes 2 Camps To Volleyball Skills
Hoping to play in the Pottstown Rumble next year? Maybe you’re hoping just to get the volleyball over the net! In either case, Limerick Parks and Recreation may have what you need.
- No One’s Happy When Tax Bills Arrive
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners are human too. They grimaced a bit Monday night when Treasurer Jennifer Marsteller reported the 2015-2016 school tax bills were successfully mailed.
- Pottstown Police Arrest 13 For Curfew Violations
The police department action, reported Monday, follows a string of thefts from vehicles that occurred during recent weeks.
- Enjoy Pottstown’s July 4th Parade All Over Again
58 photos! Saturday’s Independence Day Parade in Pottstown saw East High Street filled with smiling faces, pleasant conversations, and lots of waving flags and participants.
- If Your Kids Are Into Legos Or Turtles, There’s This …
A week-long Mutant Ninja Turtles Lego Camp for those into one, the other, or both is planned by the Limerick Parks and Recreation Department for July 27-31. Parents, this could make you heroes.
- Lower Pottsgrove Sewers Made Money In 2014
The township authority, which operates the public sewer system, has published its audited financials for 2014. Its net position over 12 months increased by more than $645,000.
- Pottsgrove’s Gone Supply Shopping For 2015-2016
It takes a lot of stuff to run a school district like Pottsgrove. School board members authorized more than $230,000 in purchases for 2015-2016 during the past two months. Here’s what got bought.
- Events Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
Meetings, activities, and events happening this week, as submitted to The Post calendar.
- Happening This Week In Regional Recreation
Enjoyable activities across greater Pottstown have been announced for the coming week by the Pottstown Area Regional Recreation Committee.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
Pottstown denies the Pottsgroves a seat on its sewer authority board; “Good Old Days” reunion included hanging out in Sanatoga; and a borough couple has been unlocking everything for 29 years.
- Boom! Bang! Oooh! Ahhh! Saturday At Waltz’s
Hundreds of people poured Saturday night into the West Ridge Pike grounds of Walt’s Golf Farm to enjoy its annual fireworks show. See highlights on video.
- Come Watch A Free Movie In Limerick
Mark your calendar for Aug. 28, when Limerick’s Movie Under The Stars at the Community Park features the Disney film “Big Hero 6.”
- Did You Vote Today For A Sanatoga Park Win?
Cast a vote daily, and help Lower Pottsgrove’s Sanatoga Park win $10,000 in improvements.
- Hop On A County Bike, Ride Its Trails
Montgomery County offers more than 60 miles of paved trails so residents and visitors can enjoy the great outdoors, close to home. Its new bike share program makes excursions even easier.
- North Coventry Provides A Fun-Filled Fourth
With 9 photos. If you were looking in Pottstown for an entertaining way to spend the Fourth of July holiday, the North Coventry Fire Company provided an annual answer, its Firemen’s Fair.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.