Visit us on Google+

Sanatoga, Limerick Assist At Eastwood Co. Fire

SPRINKLER SYSTEM SAVES EASTWOOD – Pottstown fire officials say a malfunctioning conveyor system was the apparent cause of an early Thursday morning (4:46 a.m.) two-alarm fire at the Eastwood Company, 263 Shoemaker Rd. An internal sprinkler system helped douse a portion of the flames, and also tripped the alarm that alerted first responders. Firefighters from seven borough and area companies, including Sanatoga and Limerick, then rushed to extinguish the remainder (above). The fire reportedly caused an estimated $50,000 in damage on vertical storage racks at the custom automotive parts and restoration supplies business, which serves customers internationally. Heavy smoke could be seen coming from Eastwood’s large warehouse as apparatus arrived, North End Fire Co. No. 1 reported on its Facebook page. Fire companies were on the scene until about 8 a.m., according to North End.

Related:

Photo from North End Fire Company via Facebook

Like what you read? Get even more of it, free. Subscribe to The Post.