- Get Your Groove On At The Public Library
Free downloadable and streaming digital music will become available later this month as a service from the Pottstown Regional Public Library, which receives funding from Lower Pottsgrove.
- Four Days After Fire, Eastwood Co. Re-Opens
The president of the Pottstown firm with an international customer base apologized for the “inconvenience” caused by last week’s fire. He said it would emerge stronger from the “setback.”
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Bill amended by local congressman would reduce standardized tests; MontCo website offers a look into county finances; Pottstown sidewalk sales returns Saturday; and a local million-dollar lottery ticket.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Expect Restrictions This Week On 422 And 29
Westbound U.S. Route 422 traffic will be affected Wednesday and Thursday from Trooper Road to Oaks. Route 29 will be affected today in Lower Frederick, and Friday in Pennsburg.
- New Save-A-Lot Grocery Prepares To Open
An opening date hasn’t yet been announced, but the discount supermarket chain on Pottstown’s west side is hiring now. It will compete with the likes of Aldi’s in Lower Pottsgrove.
- Eastwood Company Working On Fire Recovery
With 5 photos. Restoration contractors were busy working Sunday to help the Eastwood Company on Shoemaker Road recover from an interior fire last week.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
Newspaper claims county records show Lower Pottsgrove commissioner involved in properties with unpaid taxes; Pottstown’s first half-marathon a success; Power outage closes Coventry Mall.
- Just A Little Horseplay Between Firefighters
Members of the Linfield and Royersford fire companies got together Saturday to compete in their annual horseshoe tournament.
- Area Scholars Honored For College Achievements
Nine local students were honored through Friday for academic accomplishments and achievements.
- Editor’s Selections Saturday In The Post
Accused Lower Pottsgrove arsonist renews request for bail reduction; Pottstown hopes for a street light grant; jail time for woman who fled Limerick police; and the need for STEM education.
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
Pottstown runs its first half-marathon, The Blob is back in Phoenixville, Limerick runs for its Community Park, concerts in Sanatoga and Royersford, and history interpreted in Birdsboro.
- New Local Scams: Police Solicits; Mystery Shopper
Western Montgomery County has been deluged with criminal scans in recent weeks. Now, local police departments warn, there are two more to be aware of that are sucking in the unsuspecting.
- Sanatoga, Limerick Assist At Eastwood Co. Fire
Firefighters from seven borough and area companies, including Sanatoga and Limerick, rushed to extinguish an early Thursday morning, two-alarm fire at the Eastwood Company on Shoemaker Road.
- Bring Your Young Kids For Sanatoga Musical Fun
Parents and grandparents: here’s a fun, free way to enjoy your Sunday in a park. Come to Lower Pottsgrove’s summer concert performance for pre-schoolers, then stay for an adults’ Beatles set.
- Editor’s Selections Friday In The Post
Sprinklers save the day at Eastwood fire in Pottstown; Berks trucker charged in Stowe man’s death; ‘Cyclist hospitalized after Route 100 crash; Tuition going up at PA universities.
- Limerick Park Hosts, Benefits From Runners
Sunday’s “5-K Run For The Park” at Limerick Community Park, sponsored by the township Parks and Recreation Department, gives runners the best look at where money they raise will be used.
- Emergency Notice Change Goes Smoothly Here
Lower Pottsgrove joined Montgomery County last month in changing to a new public emergency notification system. The switch went smoothly, the township Emergency Management Coordinator said.
- Lower Pottsgrove May Expenses Totaled $414,239
Lower Pottsgrove incurred $414,239 in expenses during May. Here’s where the money went.
- Commissioners Make A Techno-Chic Entrance
Lower Pottsgrove’s elected leadership arrived at its meeting Monday with computing power in hand.
- Editor’s Selections Thursday In The Post
Driver charged with hitting a Lower Pottsgrove police officer in April to be evaluated for competency; Pottstown cyclists invite you to join the Boob Ride; and will liquor prices rise?
- Police Arrest 2 Wanted In Out-Of-Town Cases
During the past two weeks, on two different patrols, Lower Pottsgrove police have arrested two suspects wanted by out-of-town law enforcement agencies in relation to significant crimes.
- Police Allege Driver Stopped, Then Sped Away
He was identified in an investigation that followed the early Friday morning incident. Now charges have been filed against him by Lower Pottsgrove police.
- Dispose Of Hazardous Household Waste Saturday
Montgomery County’s recycling team will accept your hazardous household wastes and dispose of them safely Saturday, for free! Clean up the attic and basement, and trek to Royersford.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
Swastika vandalism investigated in Stowe; Pottstown’s Memorial Park slowly getting back into shape; Suzy Jo Donuts plans for another store; Alleged police assailant heads to state prison.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.