- Cameras Could Watch PA Work Zone Speeders
The Pennsylvania Legislature is considering this measure for interstate highway work zones, but might it later apply in demonstrated problem areas like U.S. Route 422?
- Editor’s Selections Saturday In The Post
More allegedly unpaid tax woes for Lower Pottsgrove commissioner; suspect charged with murder in Norco shooting; Pottstown woman admits hiding wanted man; and the county’s new hybrid cars.
- What Your Business Needs Is Cash Flow
… Because without it you haven’t got a business at all, volunteers at the Pottstown chapter of SCORE explain.
- Pottstown Grad Finishes Army Basic Training
He completed his education in Columbia SC.
- Rehab Firm With Royersford Office Expands
Phoenix Rehabilitation and Health Services, which operates on Main Street in the borough, is growing through acquisitions.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- New 422 Lane Closures Beginning Sunday
A pier supporting the Trooper Road bridge that crosses U.S. Route 422 must be repaired. To do the work, PennDOT will close one 422 lane in each direction overnights from Sunday through next Friday.
- All Quiet On Pottsgrove Front Last Month
The remaining days of the 2014-2015 academic year at Pottsgrove schools within Lower Pottsgrove Township were uneventful for school resource Ofc. David Slothower.
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
Star-watching in Green Lane; community days, colonial cosmetics and the sidewalk sale in Pottstown; cruise night back in Boyertown; jazz at Sanatoga’s Sunday summer concert; and Norristown honey bees.
- Rupert Elementary Workouts Go Hollywood
Students who attend the Pottstown school are being sought to participate in the filming of a workout video on Aug. 3. Check your egos at the door, but wear Pottstown gear with pride!
- Relive Your Playground Fantasy In Limerick
If you were among the last kids picked for the kickball team, now’s the chance to extract childhood revenge. Join, or watch, the Aug. 1 kickball tournament in Limerick Community Park.
- Editor’s Selections Friday In The Post
North Coventry shooting death ruled a homicide, suspect arrested; West Nile virus found in Pottstown; Bad check admitted in Limerick bank case; Repaving due on 7 miles of Egypt Road.
- Lower Pottsgrove Offers Rules’ DIY Guides
Some of the most complex rules and requirements known to any government, primarily stuff about land development, subdivisions and zoning, just received a re-write in Lower Pottsgrove.
- Exec Session Covers Real Estate, Litigation
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners met in private before the start of their first meeting this month.
- Police Charge Three With Drug Offenses
Three Pottstown men were arrested early Tuesday after an investigation that began with alleged trespassing at an East High Street business.
- Eat, So Pottsgrove’s Band Can Travel
Tickets are on sale now for the Pottsgrove High School Marching Band’s annual chicken dinner. Its proceeds will help defray performance travel expenses.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
Accused Lower Pottsgrove woman denied reduced bail in alleged arson case; Hill School receives $5 million science center donation; Pottstown council looks at reducing blight.
- Get Your Groove On At The Public Library
Free downloadable and streaming digital music will become available later this month as a service from the Pottstown Regional Public Library, which receives funding from Lower Pottsgrove.
- Four Days After Fire, Eastwood Co. Re-Opens
The president of the Pottstown firm with an international customer base apologized for the “inconvenience” caused by last week’s fire. He said it would emerge stronger from the “setback.”
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Bill amended by local congressman would reduce standardized tests; MontCo website offers a look into county finances; Pottstown sidewalk sales returns Saturday; and a local million-dollar lottery ticket.
- Expect Restrictions This Week On 422 And 29
Westbound U.S. Route 422 traffic will be affected Wednesday and Thursday from Trooper Road to Oaks. Route 29 will be affected today in Lower Frederick, and Friday in Pennsburg.
- New Save-A-Lot Grocery Prepares To Open
An opening date hasn’t yet been announced, but the discount supermarket chain on Pottstown’s west side is hiring now. It will compete with the likes of Aldi’s in Lower Pottsgrove.
- Eastwood Company Working On Fire Recovery
With 5 photos. Restoration contractors were busy working Sunday to help the Eastwood Company on Shoemaker Road recover from an interior fire last week.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
Newspaper claims county records show Lower Pottsgrove commissioner involved in properties with unpaid taxes; Pottstown’s first half-marathon a success; Power outage closes Coventry Mall.
- Just A Little Horseplay Between Firefighters
Members of the Linfield and Royersford fire companies got together Saturday to compete in their annual horseshoe tournament.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.