SANATOGA PA – Lower Pottsgrove expects to save money, about $13 an hour, in obtaining new inspection assistance for township Director of Codes and Zoning Officer Joe Groff.
Groff, who is responsible for conducting most building and new construction inspections within the township and reviewing their plans, is still awaiting to be certified for work on commercial structures. Until then, the township continues to rely on outside firms with that expertise in the limited instances in which they’re needed, according to Manager Ed Wagner.
The consulting engineering firm of Pennoni Associates Inc. had been providing those services at a rate of $78 hourly. The Board of Commissioners voted Thursday (July 23, 2015) to appoint Technicon Enterprises Inc. of Morgantown PA to serve in that role, at an hourly cost of $65. “They’ll do the things Joe can’t handle,” Wagner said.
The appointment did not require bidding, Solicitor Robert Brant said, because it involved professional services.
Technicon is know to both the board and Groff. The township called upon the firm in June 2014 to perform commercial plumbing, mechanical, energy and accessibility inspections at the Pottsgrove High School reconstruction project.
Related (to the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners’ July 23 meeting):
- Lower Pottsgrove Saves On Commercial Help
- Sewer Authority Refinance Saves $1 Million
- Police, Zoning Matters Prompt Exec Session
- Lower Pottsgrove June Expenses Totaled $411,561
- Township Board Honors Retiring Rich Yoder
- Police Cruisers’ Vidcam Installs Begin Monday
- Talk Turned To Watson, Board Turned To Attorney
- Lower Pottsgrove Company Looks At Expansion
Photo from Google Images