- Township Animal Law Set For Public Hearing
Lower Pottsgrove’s proposed tougher and broader regulations dealing with animal control will be the subject of a Sept. 8 public hearing. Commissioners canceled their scheduled meeting tonight.
- Under-Wraps Police Exercise In Limerick
Limerick police department commanders and others were involved Wednesday in a closed-to-the-public “hostile action drill” at the Exelon generating station. They fought a mock adversary.
- Here’s A Chance To Help Pottstown Police
Borough law enforcers said Wednesday they are seeking the public’s help in identifying and finding three individuals seen in surveillance photos.
- Editor’s Selections Thursday In The Post
Possible movement in state budget school funding talks; Drug runner admits to domestic violence too; Spring-Ford discusses state’s volunteer requirements; Get pets vaccinated at low cost.
- Watch Firefighting Pagentry In Douglassville
It’s a tradition among firefighters to formally “house” their newest equipment in a public ceremony. It’s a fun and interesting sight that you can witness Saturday in Douglassville.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Plan Ahead For Your School Bargain Hunting
The twice-annual KidSense Consignment Sale with children’s clothing and other items is scheduled for Sept. 17-19 at Sunnybrook Ballroom in Sanatoga. You might save some cash …
- Cruise On Into Hilltop For Tonight’s Show
This month’s edition of the Mid-Week Car Cruise-In, held by the Pottstown Classics Car Club at Hilltop Drive-In in Sanatoga, starts tonight (Wednesday) at 5 p.m. Join ’em!
- Pottstown Group Hosts Special Olympics’ Tennis
The Greater Pottstown Tennis Association will host a Special Olympics tennis tournament and free play day during September to broaden the sport’s reach to adaptive players.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
Upper Pottsgrove police chief retiring; National Penn Bank says it will be acquired by BB&T; Gilbertsville fire police officer stable after being injured; and a march on Harrisburg.
- Update, Register Special Needs With Township
If you live in Lower Pottsgrove and are disabled or could need assistance in an emergency, you may want to be part of its special needs registry. It’s being updated this week.
- Cleaning Complete, And Ready For Action
Sanatoga firefighters were among the patrons Saturday for the Pottsgrove Marching Band car wash. Their vehicle didn’t quite qualify as a car, though.
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Short-term plans proposed to help relieve 422 congestion; a new commissioner in Upper Pottsgrove; state officials visits Pottstown’s VideoRay; and ideas to cope with an oil train disaster.
- Learning This Week About Law Enforcement
The 2015 participants at Camp Cadet, hosted by the Pennsylvania State Police, watched and participated Monday in a rescue scenario presented by the Limerick Fire Company.
- Senator Recognized For After-School Support
Pottstown’s Olivet Boys and Girls Club and a statewide after-school network have publicly thanked Sen. Bob Mensch for his support of their programs.
- Avoid Being Hot, Hot, Hot When Outdoors
Exercise is good for you. Exercise in the heat? If you’re smart and follow certain tips from a Pottstown physician, that could be good for you too.
- That ‘Boom!’ You Hear? Its Neighbors At Work
The Reading Materials Inc. division of the H&K Group, which owns the Sanatoga Quarry, has again issued its periodic notice that blasting there can occur weekdays over a 6-hour period.
- Parker Named TriCounty Network Director
Holly Parker, a life-long Pottstown resident, will begin Aug. 31 as the organization’s new executive director. Its offices are located in Sanatoga.
- Rotary Picks Long As Person-Of-The-Year
An 8-year veteran of the Pottstown Police Department, Det. Heather Long has been selected for the annual Pottstown Rotary Club honor due to her outstanding work.
- County To Spray In Pottstown For Mosquitoes
A large area of Pottstown residences is scheduled to be sprayed Tuesday night to kill mosquitoes suspected of carrying West Nile Virus, county health officials said.
- In Upper Pottsgrove, A Plea To Parents
A township police officer on patrol encountered a group of youngsters late Wednesday night, and their reaction to his presence both surprised and concerned him.
- Vacationing Limerick Officer Helps Save Victim
A Limerick police officer on vacation this week in Pittsburgh helped revive a heart attack victim.
- Pottstown Cluster Growing On Franklin
The religious organization that provides outreach and educational services to families in need will expand its footprint on North Franklin Street.
- Royersford Sewer Inspections Start Monday
It will involve smoke testing and video crews from New Jersey. They’ll begin work on the borough’s south side.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.