- First-Responder Groups Practice In Sanatoga
Members of six area volunteer fire companies and Goodwill Ambulance contributed their efforts Wednesday to a practice drill at Sanatoga Court and Center.
- Royersford Man Charged Thursday With DUI
Lower Pottsgrove police filed charges after the driver was stopped and tested late Thursday night on Buchert Road.
- Recycling Services Center Closes For Repairs
The Pottstown-based recycling and alternative energy research center is doing some fix-up, clean-up work. It intends to reopen during September.
- Meeting Set For Pottsgrove Fall Sports Parents
Parents and guardians of Pottsgrove High students participating in fall sports, mark your calendars for a required Sept. 9 meeting.
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
The Falcons’ first scrimmage of the season vs, Rustin, and on Saturday soccer and field hockey too!; fund-raiser for PAL baseball in Pottstown; butterflies in Royersford; and hair cuts for a cause in Collegeville.
- Cr-r-runch! That’s The Sound Of Hopewell Apples
When gourmet chefs talk about “heritage” fruits, they include the apple orchards at Hopewell Furnace in Elverson. They’ve been growing there for centuries. Now you can pick and buy them.
- Out In The Hills Of Historic Oley, Couples’ Art
Historic Oley Township is home to quaint shops, covered bridges, beautiful rural scenery and, as a new Boyertown exhibit will demonstrate, artworks produced by couples living there.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- E-mails For Change Rained On ‘Grove Board
A digital deluge of e-mails from Pottsgrove School District residents certainly made an overwhelming impression Tuesday at the in-boxes of school board members.
- Testing’s Gone, President Said; Can You Help?
In a single quoteline Tuesday, the president of Pottsgrove’s Board of School Directors voiced his hope this academic year would be the one in which volunteers turn out in droves.
- Editor’s Selections Thursday In The Post
About that trip! Pottsgrove’s principal in China; Landlords face water shutoffs in Pottstown; Norco Police win 4-year contract; Spring-Ford leading Harrisburg march; Papal visit as snow day.
- Play Some Golf, Support Pottstown Baseball
Get in a round or two of miniature golf, and help raise money for a new 10-and-under baseball team sponsored by the Pottstown Police Athletic League.
- Grab Your Net! Those Creek Critters Await
Remember when, as a kid, you explored the creek or run near your house? You found bugs, inch-long fish, and other fun water life. Share that experience Saturday.
- Royersford Park Shows Beauty of Butterflies
It’s butterfly season. The beautiful, light-winged creatures can be found sipping nectar almost everywhere. Sessions about and with them are planned in Royersford.
- Expect Sept. 2 Decision On High School Opening
Pottsgrove School District’s superintendent agreed to let parents and students know by next Wednesday if the construction-delayed high school will open on time six days later.
- Pottsgrove Suspends Volunteer TB Tests For Now
The Pottsgrove Board of School Directors voted to suspend its requirement to seek tuberculosis test results from school volunteers, until a committee can make a policy decision on the issue.
- Choice Advocates Decry Wolf Plan For School
Advocates for school choice are angered by what they claim is Gov. Tom Wolf’s attempt to blame one school’s financial woes on the amount of money paid to charter schools.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
Accused West Pottsgrove man wants separate trials on crimes; PennDOT shows off new projects website; State budget still at stalemate; Spring-Ford schools have tax problems; and an IRS scam warning.
- TB Tests, HS Progress On Workshop Agenda
Pottsgrove’s Board of School Directors meets at 7:30 tonight in the district office on Kauffman Road to have its committees and superintendent review a variety of currently hot topics.
- Companies Respond Monday To Linfield Fire
Linfield Fire Company volunteers, with assistance from Sanatoga, Ringing Hill, and several other area companies, fought heavy fire and smoke Monday night at the Linfield Industrial Park.
- SaveALot Supermarket Now Open For Business
Pottstown’s newest food supermarket, SaveALot, is open on Robinson Street.
- You Might Find Back-To-School Apparel Here
Looking for back-to-school fashion bargains without paying retail prices? The community yard sale being conducted Sept. 5 across the borough of Boyertown might be what you need.
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Monday delays as minivan overturns at 422 exit ramp; Pottstown schools approve hiring, with lots of discussion; Spring-Ford brings on new business manager; Phoenixville school concerns.
- Schools Asked To Make Volunteering Easier
The cost of tuberculosis testing is keeping some parents and others from volunteering in Pottsgrove student activities, some school board members say. They’d like to re-visit that requirement.
- Ash Borer Threatens Upper Pottsgrove Trees
A potential infestation by a half-inch-long glittering green-colored beetle threatens to kill a substantial portion of mature forest growth in Upper Pottsgrove.
- Ready MontCo Alerts Available For Royersford
Want to be in the know in the fastest way possible? The Royersford Office of Emergency Management urges residents to enroll for Ready MontCo notifications.
- Linfield Fire Company Schedules CPR Class
Linfield firefighters are ready to teach you how to administer cardiopulmonary resusitation in an emergency.
- Events Scheduled This Week On The Post Calendar
Meetings, activities, and events happening this week, as submitted to The Post calendar.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
With Pope’s Philadelphia visit, local hotels filling up; family offers fresh Lancaster County foods downtown; Pottstown bike night benefits veteran; Band prepares for Atlantic City pageant.
- Pottsgrove Renovation Overtime OK’d To $50,000
Contractors scrambling to complete summer renovations at Pottsgrove High School may spend up to $50,000 in overtime costs to speed up the jobs, the school board agreed Friday.
- Pottsgrove Asked About ‘Contingency Plans’
What happens to students in Advanced Placement studies, or to those who attend the Western Center in Limerick, if Pottsgrove High opens late? Questions on both arose Friday.
- School Board Held Thursday Exec Session
It was said to have covered potential litigation facing the Pottsgrove School District.
- Regional Forces Plan September Papal Visit
An exercise this week at Ursinus College in Collegeville attracted local, county, state and federal law enforcement commanders as they discussed the coming visit of Pope Francis in Philadelphia.
- New Evacuation Helicopter Arrives In Limerick
The emergency medical evacuation fleet at Heritage Field airport in Limerick has been augmented by a new arrival.
- Editor’s Selections Saturday In The Post
Motorist rescued Friday from Pottstown flood water; Pottstown school board president resigning to move; Police plan DUI enforcement next week; Firefighters investigate smoke downtown.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.