- Pottsgrove Books 2016 Relay At Stadium
The 2016 edition of the Pottstown Relay for Life to benefit the American Cancer Society will again be held where it’s been for many years: the stadium of Pottsgrove High School.
- 422 West Closing Overnights For Bridge Project
Only westbound lanes of U.S. Route 422 will be shut down overnight Tuesday and Thursday of this week at Route 100. Drivers will be detoured north to High Street, then west over High and back to 422.
- Linfield, Royersford Practice Vehicle Rescue
Fire-fighters from Linfield and Royersford spent their Monday night hours in practice to someday save victims on the highway.
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Area police departments cracked down on aggressive drivers; PennDOT won’t delay papal travel; Former Pottstown merchant wins bail; PSSA test woes hit Pottstown, Spring-Ford too.
- Local Nurse Earns Diabetes Board Certification
Debbie Zlomek, a Sanatoga resident and certified diabetes educator for Pottstown Medical Specialists Inc., has earned her board certification in advanced diabetes management.
- What’s Ahead Locally For Girl’s Soccer?
PAC-10Sports.com on Monday offered an insider’s view on the prospects for this season’s girls soccer teams in Pottsgrove, Pottstown, Spring-Ford and their seven competitors.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Township Finds Police Tour An Eye-Opener
Lower Pottsgrove officials recently toured the new police department building opened during June in Upper Providence Township. What they saw there gave them building ideas of their own.
- Pottsgrove Aug. 25 Meeting Now On PCTV
The Pottstown-based PCTV Network’s video recording of the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ Aug. 25 meeting was posted Sunday to YouTube for public viewing.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
Pottstown anticipates traffic problems when pope arrives; PMMC labor contract talks continue; career machinist becomes Pottstown retailer; borough manufacturer fire doused; Avoiding youth sports fraud.
- Pottstown Schools Await Dawn’s Early Light
It’s the first day of school, and principals in the Pottstown School District and elsewhere declared they’re ready for a new year of learning.
- Here’s Your Chance To Kick It Really Far
Maybe you were the one who always was picked last for the kickball team. Get your revenge for those years of embarrassment. Adult kickball leagues start Sept. 15 in Limerick.
- In Princeton, A ‘Welcome Back’ To Students
With 13 photos. Princeton NJ is always a happening place, thanks to the university that bears its name. But during the last weekend in August, as students return, it can be a really rollicking town.
- Former Ringing Rocks Principal Promoted
Michelle Bozzini, who served as Ringing Rocks Elementary principal for about 5 years, has been named director of professional learning in the Colonial Intermediate Unit.
- Clear The Streets; Sweeping Begins Monday
Street sweepers will be out and about in Pottstown in an organized way beginning Monday and continuing through mid-September.
- Limerick Schedules Flag Football League
Forget the tamer kids’ version, although the more competitive adult edition has many of the same elements and rules. Flag football starts Sept. 13 at Community Park. Sign up now.
- Nothing Beats A Cold Brew And Hot Cars
The first “Hops And Hot Rods” to be held at Sly Fox Brewhouse and Eatery in Phoenixville is being promoted for Sept. 15. Organizers promise lots of food, and lots to look at.
- First-Responder Groups Practice In Sanatoga
Members of six area volunteer fire companies and Goodwill Ambulance contributed their efforts Wednesday to a practice drill at Sanatoga Court and Center.
- Royersford Man Charged Thursday With DUI
Lower Pottsgrove police filed charges after the driver was stopped and tested late Thursday night on Buchert Road.
- Recycling Services Center Closes For Repairs
The Pottstown-based recycling and alternative energy research center is doing some fix-up, clean-up work. It intends to reopen during September.
- Meeting Set For Pottsgrove Fall Sports Parents
Parents and guardians of Pottsgrove High students participating in fall sports, mark your calendars for a required Sept. 9 meeting.
- Cr-r-runch! That’s The Sound Of Hopewell Apples
- When gourmet chefs talk about “heritage” fruits, they include the apple orchards at Hopewell Furnace in Elverson. They’ve been growing there for centuries. Now you can pick and buy them.
- Out In The Hills Of Historic Oley, Couples’ Art
Historic Oley Township is home to quaint shops, covered bridges, beautiful rural scenery and, as a new Boyertown exhibit will demonstrate, artworks produced by couples living there.
- E-mails For Change Rained On ‘Grove Board
A digital deluge of e-mails from Pottsgrove School District residents certainly made an overwhelming impression Tuesday at the in-boxes of school board members.
- Testing’s Gone, President Said; Can You Help?
In a single quoteline Tuesday, the president of Pottsgrove’s Board of School Directors voiced his hope this academic year would be the one in which volunteers turn out in droves.
- Editor’s Selections Thursday In The Post
About that trip! Pottsgrove’s principal in China; Landlords face water shutoffs in Pottstown; Norco Police win 4-year contract; Spring-Ford leading Harrisburg march; Papal visit as snow day.
- Play Some Golf, Support Pottstown Baseball
Get in a round or two of miniature golf, and help raise money for a new 10-and-under baseball team sponsored by the Pottstown Police Athletic League.
- Royersford Park Shows Beauty of Butterflies
- It’s butterfly season. The beautiful, light-winged creatures can be found sipping nectar almost everywhere. Sessions about and with them are planned in Royersford.
- Expect Sept. 2 Decision On High School Opening
Pottsgrove School District’s superintendent agreed to let parents and students know by next Wednesday if the construction-delayed high school will open on time six days later.
- Pottsgrove Suspends Volunteer TB Tests For Now
The Pottsgrove Board of School Directors voted to suspend its requirement to seek tuberculosis test results from school volunteers, until a committee can make a policy decision on the issue.
- Choice Advocates Decry Wolf Plan For School
Advocates for school choice are angered by what they claim is Gov. Tom Wolf’s attempt to blame one school’s financial woes on the amount of money paid to charter schools.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
Accused West Pottsgrove man wants separate trials on crimes; PennDOT shows off new projects website; State budget still at stalemate; Spring-Ford schools have tax problems; and an IRS scam warning.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.