- Saturday Service Honors Chief’s Memory
Community residents, and men and women who worked and served with him, said goodbye Saturday to former Lower Pottsgrove Police Chief Raymond Bechtel.
- Fill Those Pottsgrove Plates, Help Make Music
Pottsgrove High School Marching Band members and boosters worked to keep patrons satisfied during a Sunday fund-raiser, with gratifying results.
- New Pharmacy Due At East High And Beech
The former Liberty gas station at the corner is getting a substantial makeover. A pharmacy will occupy the substantially renovated building, according to borough paperwork.
- Fly-In Breakfast Draws The Hungry And Curious
With video and 11 photos. The annual fly-in breakfast held Sunday morning at Heritage Airport in Limerick attracted airplane lovers, curious families, and those hungry for a home-style cooked breakfast.
- Friendship Names McGinley Medical Director
Dr. Nevin McGinley, an emergency room physician in Reading, has also been named the new medical director of Friendship Ambulance in Royersford.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Watson Officially Cut Out Of The Picture
Then you saw him. Now you don’t.
- Saturday Morning Driver Arrested For DUI
Lower Pottsgrove police arrested a Pottstown man Saturday morning for driving under the influence on U.S. Route 422.
- 2015 ‘Grove Grad, USMC Private Back Home
Joseph Clevenger left Pottsgrove High stadium this June as a civilian and new graduate. He returned Friday for the Falcons’ home game, as a new Marine Corps private.
- Firearms Safety Class Planned For Pottstown
Montgomery County law enforcement officials will conduct a firearms safety and awareness class Sept. 30 in Pottstown. It’s free and open to the public, and online registration is available now.
- Coming Soon In Regional Recreation Events
Enjoyable activities across greater Pottstown have been announced through Oct. 3 by the Pottstown Area Regional Recreation Committee.
- Cub Scout Pack Forming During October
New Cub Scout Pack 263 will be organized in Pottstown and conduct its first meeting on Oct. 2. Boys between the ages of 7 and 10 are encouraged to join.
- New ‘Pottstown Pride’ Edition Available
“Pottstown Pride,” the Pottstown School District publication about accomplishments of its students, faculty and alumni, is available now for free download.
- West Pottsgrove, Trappe Win Green Grants
West Pottsgrove will make extensive improvements to Murgia Park and the Manatawny Trail. Trappe will expand its trail system to Main Street. Each receives $7,500 from a PECO program.
- Middle School Bus In Mishap; None Hurt
No one was injured in a minor vehicular accident Thursday afternoon involving Pottsgrove School District Bus 29 from Pottsgrove Middle School.
- Editor’s Selections Friday In The Post
Cell phone tower going up at borough treatment plant; Pottstown teachers donate to lights campaign; Limerick OKs 9-1-1 emergency radio buy; Postcard for the pope; and high school sports results.
- Township Wins $20,000 In Developer Lawsuit
Lower Pottsgrove will get $20,000 in security bond money under an agreement to settle a three-year-old lawsuit raised when a developer failed to finish a housing community on Rupert Road.
- Two-Alarm Fire Hits Upper Pottsgrove Home
Several area fire companies were called out Wednesday night to battle a two-alarm house fire on Farmington Avenue in Upper Pottsgrove Township.
- Township Rethinks Challenged Registry Proposal
Two high court rulings against a law that requires motel owners to supply police with guest registry information have Lower Pottsgrove officials rethinking a similar proposal for the township.
- Flu Season’s Coming; Get Vaccinated Free
Nine free flu immunization clinics are scheduled by Montgomery County; the closest to us will be held Oct. 22 in Gilbertsville. Protect your family against illness, at no charge or co-pay.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
Pottstown moves closer to borough-wide commercial tax break; Police search for shooting suspect; Official end to borough fire merger effort; Target tests grocery delivery; and high school sports.
- Township Police Ask Advance Emergency Decree
Lower Pottsgrove commissioners have been asked to authorize the police department to declare a local emergency, if needed, during Pope Francis’ visit to Philadelphia. It’s a precautionary measure.
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
West Pottsgrove man admits role in robberies; Upper Pottsgrove woman says she tried to flush meth; Pennhurst exhibit at Coventry Mall; and Monday high school sports results.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.