- One Found Dead On Schaffer Road In Township
A single victim, whose identifying information is being withheld until the affected family can be notified, was found dead Sunday afternoon in a Lower Pottsgrove home that police said reeked of a chemical odor.
- Township Lowering Industrial Highway Speed
After a traffic student and the recommendation of Lower Pottsgrove police, the speed limit on Industrial Highway within the township will soon be reduced from 35 mph to 25.
- 422 Bridge Work Will Detour Night Traffic
Contractors will install bridge beams on U.S. Route 422 in West Pottsgrove during overnight periods next Tuesday through Friday (Oct. 13-16). Westbound lanes will close and be detoured at Route 100.
- Pottsgrove High Celebrates Spirit Week Ahead
The annual Pottsgrove High School homecoming observance known as Spirit Week begins Monday and continues with a full slates of events, ending with Friday’s big game and a Saturday dance.
- Rock Band Offers Financial Literacy At Hill
The band known as “Gooding” teaches financial literacy through its music. It performed Thursday at The Hill School.
- College ‘Straight Talk’ Addresses Boy Code
Helping boys become healthy and happy adults is the goal of a free Oct. 21 presentation to be simulcast to the Pottstown campus of Montgomery County Community College.
- Dine, And Sing-Along Too, On Columbus Day
You can do both next Monday (Oct. 12) at the Friendly’s Restaurant in Pottstown. The Pottstown Area Senior Center building fund benefits from the meals you buy there from 5-9 p.m.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Township Unites Community Day, Fall Festival
Lower Pottsgrove’s Fall Festival is highly popular with families. This year it’s being held alongside the township’s first Community Day, an idea proposed in April by now-ousted commissioner Shawn Watson.
- Thursday Accident Damages Car And Pillar
In the North End Shopping Center on Thursday afternoon, a driver thought she was reaching for her car’s brake and hit the gas pedal instead.
- Walnut Ridge Home Gets Needed Repairs
A group of volunteers from Habitat for Humanity and employees of Bank of America will converge Friday morning on a home at 4101 Walnut Ridge, and prepare it for new occupants.
- Fire-Fighting Power Assembled Outside Mall
Local fire companies and departments filled parking lots Thursday at Coventry Mall with their vehicles and tools, as part of a National Fire Prevention Week exhibit.
- Limerick Hosts Girls Night Out Party
It’s planned for Friday at The Loft at Landis Creek.
- Decorate For Fall With Jars Of Color
You can make them Nov. 1 from natural materials gathered in Montgomery County’s Norristown Farm Park.
- Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
With video. On today’s Food Recipes and News page, mac and cheese that’s tons better than a box and almost as easy to make, and carrot cake parfaits for a fancy dessert or on-the-go.
- Bond’s Back In Theaters On Nov. 6
With video. On today’s Movie Trailers and News page, the crime organization known as Spectre returns to the life of super spy James Bond. See the latest trailer featuring Daniel Craig.
- Police End Bomb Threat Probe; Charges Filed
The Pottsgrove High School student who allegedly made a bomb threat Monday regarding the building will be charged with making terroristic threats, according to police.
- Pottstown Woman Charged With Retail Theft
The incident in which she was allegedly involved occurred Friday at Redner’s Market.
- Norco Show Tonight Marks Fire Prevention Week
It will run tonight (Thursday, Oct. 8) from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Coventry Mall. Young children will love it, and they’ll learn from it too.
- Sewer Authority Cancels Its Monday Meeting
No reason was offered. Its next meeting is set for Nov. 9.
- Police To Heighten Security At Pottsgrove High
Lower Pottsgrove police say they will step up their security presence Wednesday at Pottsgrove High School, even though they’ve determined no imminent danger exists from a bomb threat made Monday.
- Editor’s Selections Wednesday In The Post
A grieving Pottstown father’s action helped bust up a heroin ring; PMMC workers ratify new contract, avoid job action; Debate rages over Spring-Ford fitness center; Drowning victims identified.
- Ray Lopez To Be Sworn As Commissioner
The president of the Ringing Hill Fire Company was chosen Monday to succeed Shawn Watson on the Lower Pottsgrove Board of Commissioners. He is scheduled to take his oath of office today.
- Four At Pottsgrove High Arrested In Bus Vaping
Using the electronic devices on a school bus, as they were alleged to have done last month, is a violation of state law, Lower Pottsgrove’s police chief said.
- DA Charges 5 In Local Hotel Room Drug Sales
Lower Pottsgrove and Pottstown police, and the Montgomery County district attorney, followed up a June drug crack-down Monday with more criminal complaints intended to stop a trafficking operation.
- $5 Billion Tax Plan Heads To Showdown
Gov. Wolf will bring a proposed budget Tuesday to the state House of Representatives, with a vote on it scheduled for Wednesday, in an effort to break a three-month budget impasse.
- Editor’s Selections Tuesday In The Post
Heroin ring dismantled in Pottstown; Evergreen Consignment exploited a local niche; BrewFest an opening success for Elks; MontCo colleges on alert after threat.
- Pottsgrove Studying ‘Everday Math’ Quality
Plenty of Pottsgrove school parents have complained about its use of a mathematics program called “Everyday Math.” Now the district and five others are subjecting it to a “quality review.”
- Board Set To Select Watson Successor Tonight
Who will serve as Lower Pottsgrove’s next Board of Commissioners’ member? Many expect that question will be answered tonight.
- Isett Adds Pottstown Engineer To Its Staff
He’s got nearly 20 years of experience in the profession.
- Editor’s Selections Monday In The Post
Downed wires closed North Keim in Lower Pottsgrove; Departments respond to West Pottsgrove dryer fire; Pottstown building demolition begins; Limerick man accused in insurance scam.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.