POTTSTOWN PA – Executive-level salaries totaling more than a half-million dollars for three Pottsgrove School District administrators are expected to be presented tonight (Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015) for potential approval by the district Board of School Directors during the first of its two monthly meetings, according to the board agenda.
The salaries would be effective Sept. 1 for
- Superintendent Shellie Feola, $180,374;
- Assistant Superintendent William Shirk, $158,658; and
- Business Administrator David Nester, $161,051,
according to the agenda item. The entire agenda is available for download from the district website, here. The board’s meeting, which begins at 7:30 p.m. in Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School on Buchert Road, is free to attend and open to the public.
No current salaries for any of the three were listed for comparative purposes, so the amount or percentage of salary increases, if any, was not immediately apparent. The item appears as a “miscellaneous” personnel action that is part of the superintendent’s regular report.
Also during the meeting, the board is
- Being asked to approve the purchase of 25 wireless access devices from Verizon at an initial cost of $9,364;
- Scheduled to authorize the payment of invoices related to continuing reconstruction at Pottsgrove High School;
- Expected to hear a budget update from the administration, and also learn about training to be offered by the Pennsylvania School Boards Association.
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ Oct. 13 meeting):