Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ member Patti Grimm (above) during last Tuesday’s meeting
POTTSTOWN PA – Exceutive salaries will increase during the 2015-’16 academic year by slightly more than 1 percent for Pottsgrove School District Superintendent Shellie Feola, amounting to more than $1,900 in pay; and by about 2.5-percent each for Assistant Superintendent Bill Shirk and Business Administrator David Nester, all with 6-1 approval last Tuesday (Oct. 13) from the Board of School Directors.
Opposing the measure was director Patricia Grimm, who characterized the reason for her opposition as “personal” and declined to make any other for-the-record comment.
Feola’s annual salary is now set at $180,374. Nester’s salary climbs more than $3,900 to $161,051. Shirk’s salary increased more than $3,800 to $158,658. Passage of the three revised salaries represents a single-year district payout of $500,083 for its three top executives.
There was no director discussion of the increases during or following the board’s approval. Several public speakers earlier in the evening referred to the raises, in generally negative terms, within the context of talk about the lack of a labor agreement between the district and its teachers’ union.
Related (to the Pottsgrove Board of School Directors’ Oct. 13 meeting):
- One Vote Opposes Pottsgrove Executive Salaries
- Pottsgrove Oct. 13 Meeting Now On PCTV
- Incoming Directors To Attend School Themselves
- Pottsgrove Congratulates Soprano Performer
- ‘Grove Publicly Compares Its, Union Proposals
- Wireless Units Benefit Pottsgrove Students
- New Leaders Take Over At Lower Elementary
- “Board Notes” of Oct. 13 (on The Post’s Resources Page)
- Pottsgrove Shows Its Hand In Negotiations
- On School Agenda, Half-Million In Salaries
Photo from PCTV