- Blind Squirrel Apparel Opens In Sanatoga
The nationally known clothing company, founded by a professional poker player, has established a local presence.
- Pottsgrove Veterans, Breakfast Is Served
The Pottsgrove High School Key Club is inviting 100 local veterans to be its guests for a free Veteran’s Day breakfast.
- Editor’s Selections Thursday In The Post
Pottsgrove has plan to hasten high school reconstruction; five seek four seats as Lower Pottsgrove commissioners; Truck stuck at Pottstown overpass; Route 100 in NorCo may get traffic light help.
- Simple Is Best For Thanksgiving Potatoes
On today’s Food Page, chef Sarah Carey shows how to make simple cheddar mashed potatoes for your coming Thanksgiving dinner. Also, 8 tips for microwave cooking from Serious Eats.
- Add Your Vote For Pottstown’s Spooky Window
If you’re downtown in the borough for tonight’s Pottstown Halloween parade, take a moment to see and vote for artwork that decorates merchants’ storefront windows.
- Unwary Royersford Drivers Get Storm Lesson
The heavy rain storm that crossed western Montgomery County from Wednesday through this morning provided a “teachable moment” for the Royersford Police Department.
- From Limerick, Halloween Fire And Safety Tips
Keep your children safe, both at home and in their neighborhoods, during the Halloween season, the Limerick Fire Company reminded parents this week.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- MontCo Ranks In PA Top Economic Performers
A list purporting to rank the Top 10 counties for best economic performance in Pennsylvania was released Tuesday. Montgomery County came in third; Chester County, fifth.
- Seven Companies Respond To Limerick Fire
With three photos. A Royersford Road home went up in flames Tuesday, with six area fire companies and Royersford ambulances called out. The Limerick Fire Marshall is investigating.
- Mother Nature’s Trick Delays Pottstown Parade
Accu-Weather is predicting Wednesday will be filled with rain and wind. That’s prompted Pottstown to postpone its Halloween Parade from tonight to Thursday night.
- Pottsgrove Youth Wrestling Sets Sign-Ups
The non-profit organization for local wrestler development will accept live registrations during early November, as well as online.
- Apply Friday For Local Veterans’ Savings Cards
Cards for discounts at Montgomery County businesses, including those in Pottstown, Limerick and Royersford, will be issued Friday in Skippack to certified armed forces services’ veterans.
- Potts’ Impact Talk Closes Manor Exhibit
Historian Dan Graham will give a presentation on “The Potts Legacy” to help close out the current exhibit at Pottsgrove Manor.
- Pottstown YMCA Hosts Anti-Bullying Seminar
It’s scheduled for Nov. 16 at the YMCA, North Adams Street. It’s free and open to parents and youths.
- PMMC Employee Honored For Prompt Communication
On today’s Health page, Nancy Svitak has earned “employee of the month” honors at Pottstown’s hospital. Also, read the latest medical news from Medical News Today.
- Body Positivity Author To Sign Her Book
She’ll appear Nov. 3 at the Lane Bryant store in King of Prussia Mall.
- Ursinus College Names Enrollment VP
He’ll start in the job on the Collegeville campus next Feb. 1.
- Reading Man Faces DUI, Other Charges
Lower Pottsgrove police on Monday charged a Reading PA man with DUI and other offenses following a September vehicle stop for speeding on westbound U.S. Route 422.
- New Medical Offices Open In Sanatoga
A practice called Limerick Medical Center has opened in offices on East High Street in Sanatoga.
- Susquehanna Bank Prepares For Transition
On today’s Business Page: Four local offices of Susquehanna Bank will close Nov. 6, and re-open Nov. 9 as offices of BB&T Bank. Also, read the latest regional business news from the Philadelphia Business Journal.
- Foundation Benefits From S-F Spirit Week
The Spring-Ford chapter of Students Against Destructive Decisions has donated more than $8,000 to the Julia’s Grace Foundation to help families of children with cancer.
- Township Community Day A Rousing Success
With 61 photos. The combination of Halloween fun, fine fall weather, and big displays of Lower Pottsgrove and other first-responder equipment attracted hundreds to the township’s inaugural Community Day.
- Lower Pottsgrove September Expenses $367,031
Lower Pottsgrove incurred $367,031 in general fund expenses during September. Here’s where the money went.
- ‘Tis The Holiday Bazaar Season Once More
It’s that time of year when folks go looking for one-of-a-kind holiday gift items. There were plenty for choose from during the weekend in Sanatoga.
- Photographers Again Fall In Love With Fall
Three photos published Saturday on Instagram show how beautiful western Montgomery County is at this time of year.
- Dickey’s In Limerick Gains More Companions
The barbecue restaurant chain that operates a store in Park Towne Plaza will soon grow by six additional stores in Pennsylvania.
- From One Problem, 2 Laws Set For Hearing
One public hearing to be held Dec. 17 by Lower Pottsgrove addresses implementation of a new sign law. The other covers exempting township-owned properties from its own zoning laws.
- Hit A Deer? Oh Dear! You’re Not Alone
Pennsylvania ranks second only to West Virginia in the number of vehicle-deer crashes annually. Use extra caution as deer mating season plays out, Limerick police advised this week.
- Editor’s Selections Saturday In The Post
West Pottsgrove reports bridge will come down; “Fat Guy Across America” rides through Pottstown; Volunteer clean-up crews take to borough streets; Hill School promotes local business.
- Lopez Attends First Meeting As Commissioner
Lower Pottsgrove’s Board of Commissioners returned Thursday to its five-member strength with the addition of former Emergency Management Coordinator Ray Lopez.
- Expect Traffic Changes For Community Day
Expect traffic changes to accommodate the crowd anticipated to attend Lower Pottsgrove’s Community Day on Saturday in the Sanatoga Village Center. Watch for pedestrians, and drive carefully.
- Editor’s Selections Friday In The Post
Here’s a guy who admits he wanted to take delivery … of a UPS truck; Quilts a welcoming sight in Pottstown; Montgomery County has big plans for open space; Local tourism, drone-style.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.