- First Niagara Banks Being Bought By KeyCorp
More local banks are changing names. First Niagara, which operates 11 branch offices across our area, said Friday it would be bought by Ohio-based KeyCorp for $4.1 billion.
- Kohl’s Hiring at Pottstown, Royersford Stores
The department store chain expected to add about 50 new faces at each location for the holiday season, the company reported.
- Editor’s Selections Saturday In The Post
Concern raised over 422 interchange entrance in Lower Pottsgrove; Montgomery County Community College faces funding problem; Royersford man sentenced to prison; Heat in the district attorney’s race.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- AccuWeather News And Tomorrow’s Forecast
A look at what tomorrow will be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Candy Safety Worries This Weekend? Go Here
The Patient First urgent health care center on Shoemaker Road in Pottstown will do digital imaging scans for candy safety Friday and Saturday nights.
- Pottsgrove Winter Sports Start Nov. 16
Parents whose students are expected to participate in winter sports, and who did not attend mandatory fall sports meetings, must participate in a similar session on Nov. 19.
- Weekend Stuff To Do On The Post Calendar
Free Hill School production all weekend in Pottstown; Veterans breakfast in Sanatoga; Scary but fun runs in Pottstown, Gilbertsville, Oaks; Daniel Boone’s birthday in Birdsboro; and trick-or-treating Saturday!
- Limerick Plans For Lego Learning Program
The educational program, called Bricks4Kidz, uses Lego-brand Star Wars toys as teaching tools.
- Editor’s Selections Friday In The Post
Perfect weather, big crowds for Pottstown Halloween parade; Upgrades start at Montgomery County park in Royersford; Sheriff’s Department warns against phone scam; No matter what, county will get a new commissioner.
- Blind Squirrel Apparel Opens In Sanatoga
The nationally known clothing company, founded by a professional poker player, has established a local presence.
- Pottsgrove Veterans, Breakfast Is Served
The Pottsgrove High School Key Club is inviting 100 local veterans to be its guests for a free Veteran’s Day breakfast.
- Editor’s Selections Thursday In The Post
Pottsgrove has plan to hasten high school reconstruction; five seek four seats as Lower Pottsgrove commissioners; Truck stuck at Pottstown overpass; Route 100 in NorCo may get traffic light help.
- Simple Is Best For Thanksgiving Potatoes
On today’s Food Page, chef Sarah Carey shows how to make simple cheddar mashed potatoes for your coming Thanksgiving dinner. Also, 8 tips for microwave cooking from Serious Eats.
- Add Your Vote For Pottstown’s Spooky Window
If you’re downtown in the borough for tonight’s Pottstown Halloween parade, take a moment to see and vote for artwork that decorates merchants’ storefront windows.
- Unwary Royersford Drivers Get Storm Lesson
The heavy rain storm that crossed western Montgomery County from Wednesday through this morning provided a “teachable moment” for the Royersford Police Department.
- From Limerick, Halloween Fire And Safety Tips
Keep your children safe, both at home and in their neighborhoods, during the Halloween season, the Limerick Fire Company reminded parents this week.
- MontCo Ranks In PA Top Economic Performers
A list purporting to rank the Top 10 counties for best economic performance in Pennsylvania was released Tuesday. Montgomery County came in third; Chester County, fifth.
- Seven Companies Respond To Limerick Fire
With three photos. A Royersford Road home went up in flames Tuesday, with six area fire companies and Royersford ambulances called out. The Limerick Fire Marshall is investigating.
- Mother Nature’s Trick Delays Pottstown Parade
Accu-Weather is predicting Wednesday will be filled with rain and wind. That’s prompted Pottstown to postpone its Halloween Parade from tonight to Thursday night.
- Pottsgrove Youth Wrestling Sets Sign-Ups
The non-profit organization for local wrestler development will accept live registrations during early November, as well as online.
- Potts’ Impact Talk Closes Manor Exhibit
Historian Dan Graham will give a presentation on “The Potts Legacy” to help close out the current exhibit at Pottsgrove Manor.
- Pottstown YMCA Hosts Anti-Bullying Seminar
It’s scheduled for Nov. 16 at the YMCA, North Adams Street. It’s free and open to parents and youths.
- PMMC Employee Honored For Prompt Communication
On today’s Health page, Nancy Svitak has earned “employee of the month” honors at Pottstown’s hospital. Also, read the latest medical news from Medical News Today.
- Body Positivity Author To Sign Her Book
She’ll appear Nov. 3 at the Lane Bryant store in King of Prussia Mall.
- Ursinus College Names Enrollment VP
He’ll start in the job on the Collegeville campus next Feb. 1.
- Reading Man Faces DUI, Other Charges
Lower Pottsgrove police on Monday charged a Reading PA man with DUI and other offenses following a September vehicle stop for speeding on westbound U.S. Route 422.
- New Medical Offices Open In Sanatoga
A practice called Limerick Medical Center has opened in offices on East High Street in Sanatoga.
- Foundation Benefits From S-F Spirit Week
The Spring-Ford chapter of Students Against Destructive Decisions has donated more than $8,000 to the Julia’s Grace Foundation to help families of children with cancer.
- Township Community Day A Rousing Success
With 61 photos. The combination of Halloween fun, fine fall weather, and big displays of Lower Pottsgrove and other first-responder equipment attracted hundreds to the township’s inaugural Community Day.
- Lower Pottsgrove September Expenses $367,031
Lower Pottsgrove incurred $367,031 in general fund expenses during September. Here’s where the money went.
- ‘Tis The Holiday Bazaar Season Once More
It’s that time of year when folks go looking for one-of-a-kind holiday gift items. There were plenty for choose from during the weekend in Sanatoga.
- Photographers Again Fall In Love With Fall
Three photos published Saturday on Instagram show how beautiful western Montgomery County is at this time of year.
- Dickey’s In Limerick Gains More Companions
The barbecue restaurant chain that operates a store in Park Towne Plaza will soon grow by six additional stores in Pennsylvania.
Joe Zlomek, Managing Editor
We welcome your comments on any story. Got news for us? E-mail The Post.