POTTSTOWN PA – Seven days of concerts scheduled between Wednesday (Dec. 2, 2015) and Dec. 22 (Tuesday) will fill brighten holidays and the air with music in the Pottsgrove School District. All performances are free and open to the public, and each starts at 7:30 p.m. No tickets or reservations are required.
Here’s the list of what and where:
- Wednesday (Dec. 2), the Middle School and High School Orchestra concert will be held in the auditorium at the middle school, 1351 N. Hanover St.
- Dec. 10 (Thursday), the Lower Pottsgrove Elementary concert will be held at the middle school;
- Dec. 11 (Friday), the Middle School Band and Handbell Choir concert will be held at the middle school;
- Dec. 14 (Monday), the Lower Pottsgrove Elementary Advanced Band and Advanced Orchestra concert will be held at the middle school;
- Dec. 16 (Wednesday), the High School Band concert will be held at the high school, 1345 Kauffman Rd.;
- Dec. 17 (Thursday), the Middle School Choir concert will be held at the middle school; and
- Dec. 22 (Tuesday), the High School Choir concert will be held at the high school.
Members of the Pottsgrove Music League will operate concession tables at each of the concerts, offering a variety of items and “school spirit wear.” Volunteers to staff the tables are being sought now; those interested can sign up here.
Want to join kids in the holiday music fun? Parents of children in Ringing Rocks and West Pottsgrove elementary schools can attend and participate in their respective holiday sing-alongs. Both are scheduled at the schools on Dec. 23 (Wednesday). A sing-along at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary is planned for Dec. 18 (Friday).
Additionally, members of the Lower Pottsgrove Elementary Beginning Orchestra will perform Jan. 27 (Wednesday), and the Beginning Band on Jan. 28 (Thursday), with both starting at 7:30 p.m. A location for those concerts has not yet been announced by the school district.
Photo from Google Images